PDA

View Full Version : 06 yfz not running under load.

muddymess
03-14-2012, 05:52 PM
I've been having running issues for a while now and I can't figure out whats wrong with it. I've asked on other forums and have not had any luck.

When ever the quad is in neutral I can rev the bike just fine. It starts up and sounds like nothing at all is wrong. If you put it in gear and try and take off it will just die though. This started in the middle of a race after it had been running fine for months.

I have bypassed the tps and tors. I tested the coil and made sure it was getting gas. I'm not sure where I should be looking for the problem since it starts up fine. I would think that if I blew it up it wouldn't start up and run. After I bypassed the tps I road it around the yard and it seemed to be working except it bogged when I blipped the throttle. After I let it sit and idle for a while to warm up though it started dieing again.
video of when it happened at the race. http://youtu.be/yiIhWrVvE58 . You can hear a loud pop and then it dies. I actually road it to the finish line but it was almost all level and I had to rev it all the way out and slip the clutch.

any ideas on what to test?