PDA

View Full Version : Hiper Intergrated Hubs?

mdickerson319
03-14-2012, 02:40 PM
I can get a really good deal on a set of dual beadlock rear Hipers with tires. Only issue is they have the intergrated hubs and are on a Honda 450. Will the splines match up on my R axle or can i buy the correct hubs to make them work?

SilverLake250R
03-14-2012, 02:47 PM
The splines won't match up. You would have to get a 400EX axle, which has the same spline count as a 450r axle but fits directly into a 250r carrier. Otherwise Hiper might make different hubs, I am not sure about that.

mdickerson319
03-14-2012, 02:51 PM
Thanks. I tried to call Hiper but got no answer. Does anyone have a set of the correct hubs for sale? I can get these wheels so cheap i hate to pass them up.

SilverLake250R
03-14-2012, 03:01 PM
I have the regular Tech3 Hipers with the Honda/Yamaha pattern in the billet center section. Could you just replace the integrated hubs with that? Or are those Hipers made differently?

deathman53
03-14-2012, 04:28 PM
everything on those integrated hubs are special. I have 2 sets of them, hiper does not want anything to do with them, nor make parts for those rims. the only part of those that will work with tech3's is the outside rings and bolts. I found a 400ex spline hub for them on ebay some 5 years ago. I was told by hiper that they don't honor anything with them, if you call and try to get parts for those rims, they sell you a set of tech 3's at a cheaper cost.

Higgy87TRX425
03-15-2012, 07:31 PM
Yeah I bought a set before doing much research on them! If I was you I think I would go another route unless they're dirt cheap! The newer sets that I have are so much more interchangeable, it makes it nice to be able to switch in between the different make of bikes! The only thing you may have to change is the color of rings? At least now you know the draw backs that comes with them! Ur smart to do ur homework first! I got mine pretty cheap and they came with an extra hub, just in case I need it. As long as those splines don't where out I should be ok! I don't think I'd buy another set though! I tried calling HiPer about them as well, with the same results.
Thanks Higgy

Honda4life05
03-16-2012, 07:30 PM
The key is to just keep the hub bolts tight at all times, otherwise they will strip. When i change hubs i tighten them, then go ride for 5 min an tighten them again followed by a cotter pin. but like they said hiper wants nothing to do with them