PDA

View Full Version : Fresh rebuild Gasket question

jkosakowski
03-14-2012, 02:04 PM
Alright i just had my motor rebuilt 2 weeks ago and i noticed around the clutch cover its is a little damp with oil not allot just a little and the same with other gaskets. Is this normal for a fresh engine to do? Thanks I would put pics up but i broke my camera lol.

dxcody
03-14-2012, 04:14 PM
Ive never had that happen to me man..

CJM
03-14-2012, 04:55 PM
Sounds to me like they didnt do a good job removing the old gaskets and just slapped the new ones on. The only things that leak on my quad are the little screw on the timing chain tensioner and where the oil lines go in. Even new o-rings didnt cure it from leaking enough to attract some sand when riding.

03-14-2012, 05:23 PM
i've seen it before.as long as it just does the damp thing and stops you'll be fine.ride and wash a couple times.be sure to keep an eye on it while doing so. it may stop and never happen again and it may not.i would call the shop imediately tho and tell them whats going on.if theyre worth anything at all they'll make it right and may tell you to just bring it down.by no means is it right or normal tho just to clarify.

jkosakowski
03-14-2012, 06:33 PM
Ok i washed it realy good and i dont think any oil is coming out now im just gona keep a good eye on it for now.