PDA

View Full Version : DC slipper clutch will trade for pipes

dadofethan47
03-14-2012, 09:39 AM
I am looking to trade Dc slipper clutch for Hetrick Gen 2 or Gen 3 pipe. Possibley a trackside. I am looking for a pipe that makes lots of low end torque and will pull consistantly through midrange to top.

The slipper clutch comes with 2 sets of disks. 1 set is new and 1 new spring washer. also comes with spring washer with 1 race on it. This is my spare and finally figured out that I don't need spares with slipper clutch lol. I have a polaris predator 90 and Apex 90 I am trying to set them up the same. I have Gen 1 pipe now and max rpm pipe and the gen 1 has more torque or bottom end and max has more top. My cylinder is ported to the max. and makes great power with Gen 1 pipe but would like a little more Rpms I am maxed out at 10800 before it starts falling off.
Let me know what you got
Thanks

djdfairchild
03-14-2012, 11:13 AM
i don't think you would want a gen III if you want bottom end power, it is a high rev pipe. i had one and it would rev like crazt but had no torque. i would go trackside if you want torque

dadofethan47
03-14-2012, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by djdfairchild
i don't think you would want a gen III if you want bottom end power, it is a high rev pipe. i had one and it would rev like crazt but had no torque. i would go trackside if you want torque

Ok Thanks

gdr8
03-14-2012, 10:22 PM
I have a Billy Holt pipe I might trade you for. It makes great power in the low to mid range and will get you around 11500 rpm's or so.
I powder coated it black and welded the header pipe solid.

bloodswet&gears
03-15-2012, 09:32 AM
Sent you a P.M.

dadofethan47
03-17-2012, 04:30 PM
To all that has posted or sent pm's I am waiting on a guy that bought a few pipes. He is waiting for them from shipper. He was the first to respond so it is only fair that I give him first shot at it. If he has the pipe I need. If not I will just move down the list. Thanks for all the replys

Originally posted by dadofethan47
I am looking to trade Dc slipper clutch for Hetrick Gen 2 or Gen 3 pipe. Possibley a trackside. I am looking for a pipe that makes lots of low end torque and will pull consistantly through midrange to top.

The slipper clutch comes with 2 sets of disks. 1 set is new and 1 new spring washer. also comes with spring washer with 1 race on it. This is my spare and finally figured out that I don't need spares with slipper clutch lol. I have a polaris predator 90 and Apex 90 I am trying to set them up the same. I have Gen 1 pipe now and max rpm pipe and the gen 1 has more torque or bottom end and max has more top. My cylinder is ported to the max. and makes great power with Gen 1 pipe but would like a little more Rpms I am maxed out at 10800 before it starts falling off.
Let me know what you got
Thanks

chris p.
05-06-2012, 06:59 PM
do you still have the slipper clutch ??