PDA

View Full Version : Z400 lowering kit.

dxcody
03-12-2012, 06:43 PM
Ok i had an extra couple bucks to spend, and i had heard good and bad about these lowering kits.

This is the type of kit that relocates the front shock pivot points. Lowers it like 3" or something like that and changes the width a few inches.

First thing i noticed was these little aluminum mounts arent quite as easy to put on as i figured. Not horrible but not really easy.

So i got them installed and went for a test ride. First thing i noticed while riding was how much more comfortable it is. It feels like it changes the entire geometry of the quad.

Second thing i noticed was how much better it was at cornering. WOW. The difference is day and night in the cornering. The front end doesnt pull up as much either which is really nice.

Then i hit a bump... BIG NO NO! Horrible. Your shocks go from, nice plush, smooth ride... to WHAM... WHAM WHAM.

It was like going from Fox Floats to stock shocks. Thats seriously how rough this kit makes it ride.

Taking them off. Lesson learned. Do not buy this kit, unless you are not hitting bumps, jumps, ruts, rocks, etc.

Maybe if you are 100% flat track, but still, i think i would rather switch from z400 stock shocks to Yamaha Blaster shocks rather than ride with this kit.

No offence to anyone who uses this kit, but to me... Its 100% pointless and just asking for trouble.

Just a little write up. Hope this saves someone some money, or if you want to try it out yourself, i have a kit.

cataway
03-15-2012, 02:48 PM
i have mine lowered F&R but i primary drag race . really i need it lower in the rear because i have a +4 swingarm . the chain would ware on the pivot if it weren't lowered.

my self i love it.

on dune trips or on trips to H/M i do raise the front back up