PDA

View Full Version : yearly maintainence

polar
03-12-2012, 06:19 PM
Well this is my first quad, and I don't really know what to do before I start riding my quad this summer. Also what should I do at the end of the season before my winter hobby starts.

dxcody
03-12-2012, 06:28 PM
1st thing i would deff do is, take the pivot bolt out and antisieze the crap out of it.

polar
03-12-2012, 06:30 PM
Do those have a tendency of being a pain in the butt to take out. Also when that is out should i do anything else while im at it.

Kwadrider04
03-12-2012, 06:40 PM
For a first timer the pivot bolt will prob b a problem. But sother things that need done oil and filter change. I generally do mine once a month nukes I ride more one month. Air filter changed and oiled valves adjusted. Bearings and bushings all around. Also at the end of the year I generally drain my tank so it does not gel up inside of the tank and carb

quadmanw
03-12-2012, 07:53 PM
on a 400ex if you change the oil every once in awhile it will run forever. To keep it nice there is obviously more things to do but remember that with bearings, bushings, and the pivot bolt... GREASE is your best friend!

polar
03-12-2012, 08:06 PM
I've worked on snowmobiles and cars basically my whole life, so im not a newcomer to working on my stuff as i made it seem.

quadmanw
03-12-2012, 08:08 PM
No I understand, but i've been around motors and stuff for awhile too but recently I started to realize that grease made everything easier, makes everything last longer, and makes everything easier to take apart. Sorry if I made that sound wrong lol. I was just sharing my discovery

TheAwesomehonda
03-12-2012, 08:46 PM
I change my oil every few months but the only think i do to get it ready for winter is put on my studded tires!!!!!:D :D :D