PDA

View Full Version : Idling High

Ryan
03-03-2003, 08:28 PM
Well a few months ago my quad was idling kinda funny on and off. I knew my throttle cable was ripped to he11 so I switched that, toke apart the carb and found nothing. I put it all back together and still everytime I rev it up, it takes atlease 10 seconds for the idle to reach normal speed. I messed around with the idle screw and still no change. I think it could be a vaccum leak somewhere but im not sure :confused: .

Any idea what this might be? Thanks.

tants
03-03-2003, 09:21 PM
i had same problem with my quadracer. the idle was whacked. like when i started it, it would scream, i played around with the idle screw and i fixed it. if you replaced you throttle cable, look at the other cables on the carb, see if there ***ced up. i dont know what else to tell ya... :rolleyes:

4TraxRider
03-03-2003, 09:40 PM
See if your slide moves freely up and down. Might be a little dirt or somthing restricting its movement.

Ryan
03-03-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by tants
i had same problem with my quadracer. the idle was whacked. like when i started it, it would scream, i played around with the idle screw and i fixed it. if you replaced you throttle cable, look at the other cables on the carb, see if there ***ced up. i dont know what else to tell ya... :rolleyes:

Yeah I messed with it for awhile and I got nothing. I had it so low at one point, the motor shut down, which a second before the rpm's will still high :ermm: .

Im pretty sure my slide isn't stuck. I recently toke the carburator apart for this same problem and I tested it a few times so I doubt thats the problem.

Do you think I may have blew my head gasket :confused: . Could my air/fuel mixture screw be off? Thanks...

AtvMxRider
03-03-2003, 11:59 PM
Check for an air leak Ryan.

toby400ex
03-04-2003, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Check for an air leak Ryan.
make sure your thottle cable isnt snagged anywhere, like if it goes under the gas tank or something, mine got smashed or somethen, then when i turned the bars i would fly forward cuz it would pull the cable.:eek2:

roostu
03-04-2003, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by 4TraxRider
See if your slide moves freely up and down. Might be a little dirt or somthing restricting its movement.

I have had this happen. Check the cable to make sure it isnt restricting the movement of the slide.

~Roost-U

Ryan
03-04-2003, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the help :) . Once I find the time i'll check it out:rolleyes: .