PDA

View Full Version : Kony 2012

chronicsmoke
03-12-2012, 12:07 PM
Just wondering if there are any self proclaimed 'Political Activists' after watching the 30 minute video...

My perspective: The US Gov't funded the university student geologists that went there and did soil samples. Found there were natural resources for the takin'. Dreamed up this KONY (PHONY) 2012 scheme to take the attention from the public's eye while they move in and setup shop. The makers of the film only spent 32% of the 8 MILLION dollars they raised last year helping Uganda and surrounding countries. The other 2/3s of the cash went to SALARIES, FILM MAIKING, and A SHINEY OFFICE!

I've lost faith yet again in our society.

Zakradu398
03-12-2012, 01:27 PM
It's a possibility. I for one don't support going there if it is true. We have many problems in our own country that needs addressed..

chronicsmoke
03-12-2012, 01:39 PM
I dont know if it bombarded your Facebook, but in one day I had like 50+ people post that link, I knew there had to be more to it..

It's funny, as fast as people were to support it, they are just as quick to bash it. A bunch of followers..

Let them (Uganda) figure their own **** out.. prior to 5-6 years ago would have been the ideal time to go after Kony.. Enough spending $$ on the military & "war on terror" <--:rolleyes:

Tommy Warren
03-12-2012, 03:06 PM
people where slow to disagree for fear of being attacked but the more people investigate Kony the more they realize what a money grabbing farce it is. don't give water to your neighbors when your own house is on fire...

Tommy Warren
03-12-2012, 03:06 PM
people where slow to disagree for fear of being attacked but the more people investigate Kony the more they realize what a money grabbing farce it is. don't give water to your neighbors when your own house is on fire...

CJM
03-12-2012, 03:26 PM
What a load of crap. Should be more concerned whats going on here than elsewhere. So sick and tired of them trying to bring these idiots to justice and help a country who is full of feral idiots.

We been trying for at least 200 years now to help them, nothing seems to work. Id think its better we just leave them alone and let them annihilate themselves slowly.

Tommy Warren
03-12-2012, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by CJM
What a load of crap. Should be more concerned whats going on here than elsewhere. So sick and tired of them trying to bring these idiots to justice and help a country who is full of feral idiots.

We been trying for at least 200 years now to help them, nothing seems to work. Id think its better we just leave them alone and let them annihilate themselves slowly.

yyyeeeaaaahhhhh!!!!!

CJM
03-12-2012, 04:12 PM
@Tommy: /high five!

Seriously Im sick of this bs. As an American we need to leave everyone alone and worry about ourselves unless we are really needed. Had we done that for the past 100 years we wouldnt be in the situation were in now.

dxcody
03-12-2012, 04:41 PM
All we are doing is sturring the pot. Not making anyhting better. If anything we are making it worse. Thats how they are, thats how they are always gonna be, so why even bother.

The last time we REALLY did something, somewhere... desert storm.
Went in, blew **** up, killed everyone, left.

Of course, that was when we had a president with a pair... and he was actually american... and his name didnt ryme with Osama.. and his middle name wasnt Hussein.

derekhonda
03-12-2012, 04:50 PM
I'll start out by saying I didn't watch the video.

From the gist of what I got from everyone's posts online is this is a bad guy who steals kids or women or whatever and puts them to work for his army or slaves or whatever.

Ok, sounds ****ty, I'll admit.

But everyone jumped on that bandwagon so fast I knew there was something up so I waited for it to come out.

Sure enough (and now I can't find the link) But the people who put that video on and are against him is a 'charity' (we'll use that term loosely) and for everyone who donated money to it, I think only like 12 cents goes to actually help the people who need it. The rest goes in the charities bank account and pays the producer big money to go keep making videos like this to keep getting contributions.

So basically, what you are seeing is a bunch of propaganda. Is there a problem, sure. Was it 'hollywood' up to get you to open your wallet so the top people at that organization get to keep living large, you know it.

HondaRacing83
03-12-2012, 05:02 PM
If you postin bout Kony I feel bad for you son, he snatched 99 children and your post saved none.

(remake of 99problems by jay z.)

OldGuyonaQuad
03-12-2012, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda

Sure enough (and now I can't find the link) But the people who put that video on and are against him is a 'charity' (we'll use that term loosely) and for everyone who donated money to it, I think only like 12 cents goes to actually help the people who need it. The rest goes in the charities bank account and pays the producer big money to go keep making videos like this to keep getting contributions.

It's the same *******s that are behind the girl scout cookie ring :D.

beastlywarrior
03-12-2012, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by OldGuyonaQuad
It's the same *******s that are behind the girl scout cookie ring :D.
Truth theyve been suckering me into buying delicious thin mint cookies for too long :mad:

Ruby Soho
03-12-2012, 07:26 PM
when i was a sophmore in high school some people came to our school and played some kony crap. the other day my facebook blew up with people posting some crap about it.

i love how all these people are all about kony, but wont take a stand to our own government. thats okay, well go help some other government, while ours ****s us.

Tommy Warren
03-12-2012, 07:50 PM
call me a conspiracy theorist but I think Kony is like Bin Laden.... you see pictures and videos of some random dude and then with no proof at all they say they captured/killed them and then the government keeps all the money/oil or whatever else they gain from the acting:confused:

BoneStockHonda
03-12-2012, 08:45 PM
Made this one the other day...

ben300
03-12-2012, 09:03 PM
****...if we're gonna go there, and fix that ****, just like we "supposedly" are out there to fix all the other **** out there...then we might as well fix this mess....cause all of africa is basically like this...

<script src="http://player.ooyala.com/player.js?embedCode=I4bnJzMjrmKXmb8LyX2wrndu-pGu43N2&width=640&deepLinkEmbedCode=I4bnJzMjrmKXmb8LyX2wrndu-

it literally blew my mind how ppl who 24 hours early could have gave a crap less, suddenly were bleeding heart political activists

(FYI....vbs.tv has no agenda...they just report news and stuff through documentaries...really good ones at that)

zyoung04
03-13-2012, 12:47 AM
Im not all in politics at all but for those of u that haven't seen it or may be interested in watching it there's a movie out called "loose change" its about the 9/11 attacks some of the stuff on there makes u kinda wonder.....u can watch it youtube or I think the movie may have a site

chronicsmoke
03-13-2012, 06:49 AM
I can't read any posts past Ben's.. :confused:

But in case you guys can:

lasher45
03-13-2012, 07:03 AM
When I saw this thread here I was praying to god it wasn't gonna turn into what it has on Facebook. I was relieved when I saw people here actually knew what was going on.

Kony has been out of Uganda since around 2003-'04 anyways. Since then he's moved into Congo and lost the majority of his forces. Not to mention Uganda has been denied acces to the country to pursue him and now Uganda and Kony's rebel group (LRA) are in peace talks and trying to work out a treaty. How some bs like this just became the most viral video in history in a week is hard to understand. Let them figure out their own crap.

phreak
03-13-2012, 10:21 AM
http://i.imgur.com/khtOV.jpg

phreak
03-13-2012, 10:21 AM
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/264/083/db8.jpg

phreak
03-13-2012, 10:22 AM
http://i.imgur.com/FoN8u.jpg

phreak
03-13-2012, 10:24 AM
http://i.imgur.com/BX9i0.jpg