PDA

View Full Version : PEP owners

Zryder85
03-12-2012, 11:56 AM
Been considering buying some PEP shocks, but not sure who to get them from. Wayne, Baldwin or SF. For those of you who own PEP who did you buy them from and how was the customer service. Or if you have used in any of these 3 builders for shocks service how was the customer service. Just trying to get a little info. Thanks

laeger2fiddyr
03-12-2012, 11:58 AM
I've used Seth for years!! Great customer service always there to answer any questions or to help with set up! Give him a call 1-309-208-4877!:)

mx Eli
03-12-2012, 12:11 PM
seth is the master! great customer service and easy to talk to Never had a problem with him!

8secnotch
03-12-2012, 01:44 PM
SF with out a doubt simple as that

jjohns5
03-12-2012, 04:44 PM
Seth is the guy to go to, plenty of knowledge, easy to deal with and always returns phone calls, answers emails ect...

Lynch01ex
03-12-2012, 05:33 PM
Along with everyone else, Im saying seth at sf racing. great guy to deal with and great customer service

bobbo97f150
03-12-2012, 06:36 PM
I've bought new from Baldwin and SF and had great luck with both. Call each of them and see what the delivery time is. Baldwin and Seth at SF have both gone out of their way to help me.

catch22blaster
03-12-2012, 06:50 PM
Call up seth at SF Racing. Hill hook you up an has a fast turn around time. He always did all my stuff an his set ups are amazing.

JAKELTR450
03-12-2012, 07:22 PM
triumph motorsports number is 951-898-0272. they are a dealer and do service. if you order through them. they will come from waynes shop in california. not sure about wait time. ask for anthony and tell him jake sent you. thats where i get mine. and its always been fast for me.

fmfhonda250r
03-12-2012, 11:11 PM
Got my sets from wayne and got great service and only waited a few weeks for pb1's

john willhoite
03-13-2012, 07:40 AM
I only have experience with SF.
He took great care of us.
He called me afterwards to make sure everything was good!

Zryder85
03-13-2012, 10:13 AM
Looks like SF is the way to go, everybody seems really happy with him.

rpfeifer11
03-13-2012, 10:25 AM
SF for sure. He helped me out a lot when I built a 450r a few years ago. He is very easy to deal with and almost always answers his phone and if he doesn't he will return your call right away. The shocks he did for me worked perfectly also.

Ellingsoc26
03-13-2012, 12:39 PM
Seth for sure he lives only 30 mins from me so that helps alot but i have been very very happy with my pb1s and they work amazing!

ThumPIN_450R
03-13-2012, 09:25 PM
I wasn't entirely pumped on the customer service I got from him. It took about three months for my revalve too get done and every time I asked him about the progress he was making I kep getting the they should be done next week answer. After getting them back they worked killer though. I guess the wait is worth quality work. I haven't had anything done from any atv aftermarket shop done in a very quick fasion though so that is about par for the course normally.

jjohns5
03-26-2012, 12:41 PM
Just wanted to confirm Seth as the guy to go to. I called Performance Enginered Products out of Montclair Ca.this morning and lets just say, the conversation was short and the guy on the other end was no help at all, sorry buddy but customer service is where it starts and SF being the middle man stands up front by far.

kt23
03-27-2012, 05:57 AM
i bought several sets from Baldwin over the years. Always got good support and delivery wasn't too bad. Waht i like about PEP - you get a shock that is made for you. Not a shock that is off the shelf and close to what you want. I have watched Wayne build me a set of shocks from scrtach at a race because he didn't get mine ready in time. I have also had Mark & Wayne both rebuild or revalve my shocks at races if something wasn't right. #1 in my book and if i were buying new that is the only way i woudl go.

KT23

Kovatch
03-27-2012, 08:45 AM
I have had numerous sets of shocks build my Baldwin over the years and cannot complain about 1 thing. He has worked with Wayne to help develop the shocks over the years. I trust Mark and his knowledge given his history in the sport: Tim Farr, Shane Hitt, Josh Upperman, etc.

I find Mark & his team to do a top notch job. He is always willing to help at the Nationals if/when you may have a problem. The team comes in handy when you are in a pinch: they look after you.

R3Concepts
03-27-2012, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by jjohns5
Just wanted to confirm Seth as the guy to go to. I called Performance Enginered Products out of Montclair Ca.this morning and lets just say, the conversation was short and the guy on the other end was no help at all, sorry buddy but customer service is where it starts and SF being the middle man stands up front by far.

Don't beat around the bush when you talk to Wayne. Get straight to your questions and he will tell you EXACTLY what you need.

jjohns5
03-28-2012, 04:49 AM
SF^^^...everybody has their opinions and based on my experience and his customer service Seth is the guy

Lquad71
03-29-2012, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by R3Concepts
Don't beat around the bush when you talk to Wayne. Get straight to your questions and he will tell you EXACTLY what you need.

Do what this guy says and you will be very pleased with working with Wayne. He doesnt beat around the bush at all and is very blunt and straight forward.

Zryder85
03-30-2012, 10:21 AM
I've talked to Wayne on the phone and he was pretty helpful. Explained alot of things I had questions on. I've also talked to SF and he is pretty helpful too. I've been told that Wayne is still the brains of all the valving calculations no matter if you order at Baldwin or SF, who knows??

mx Eli
03-31-2012, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by Zryder85
I've talked to Wayne on the phone and he was pretty helpful. Explained alot of things I had questions on. I've also talked to SF and he is pretty helpful too. I've been told that Wayne is still the brains of all the valving calculations no matter if you order at Baldwin or SF, who knows??

I'v personally read through some of seths shock setup logs... its insane how much knowledge and work goes into it. with any of these guys your going to get a great product, that said seth goes the extra mile in my opinion

Zryder85
04-13-2012, 07:23 AM
Anybody else? Even though the choice is obvious.

andrew75
04-20-2012, 10:35 AM
You can also order pep shocks thru PRO QUAD peformance in ohio
http://www.proquadperformance.com/ ask for greg

MX450
04-21-2012, 12:21 PM
baldwin