PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Ideas

ctdiesel99
03-12-2012, 08:19 AM
Quad is a 2000 400ex. Bone stock as of right now. I already plan to do the normal upgrades .080 over piston kit, re-jet, pipe, aftermarket intake, port and polish the head and carb.

I have been tossing the idea around of putting a turbo on it too. Just wondering if anyone has done this already, and if so what the results were, reliability, power etc. Just wondering if the bottom end can take boost. I've got several small turbos laying around and can fab up just about anything so getting it done isn't a big deal, just wondering how reliable i can expect the quad to be. ARP headstuds would be a given, but what CR would suit a boosted engine the best?

I'm also a WD for Carrillo, maybe I need to give them a call to see if they offer a billet rod for this application.

What are your thoughts?

CJM
03-12-2012, 08:45 AM
If you want to, anythings possible. But in all honesty Ive seen one swap (on youtube) and have no idea the reliability.

If anything Id spend my money on a stroker kit before trying to fab in a turbo.

ctdiesel99
03-12-2012, 09:00 AM
I'm more going for the wow factor rather than just plain hp, but I see your point and agree with it. I just think a turbo'd 400ex would be cool.

JOHNDOE83
03-12-2012, 01:04 PM
I try'd to turbo my EX I could help you get started if you like?