View Full Version : New Tools

JForestZ34
03-09-2012, 05:06 PM
Lookie at what I got today!!!!! :D :D :blah: :eek2:

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n96/JForestZ34/IMG_0248.jpg

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n96/JForestZ34/IMG_0249.jpg

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n96/JForestZ34/IMG_0250.jpg

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n96/JForestZ34/IMG_0251-1.jpg

More snap-on tools to add to my tool box.....

James

Ruby Soho
03-09-2012, 05:51 PM
sweet! i love new tools. i understand why woman love to go cloth shopping, cause im the same way with tools:D

snap on is the cats *** too, enjoy em

CJM
03-09-2012, 06:25 PM
Nice snap on stuff. Im a snap on fan myself and have some of thier stuff but man is it $$$.

Course the snap on cordless 1/2 impact I got is soooo worth it lol.

JForestZ34
03-09-2012, 06:51 PM
Yeah that snap on cordless impact is NICE.

I agree with ya that snap-on is $$$$$

I've been getting tools for a while and I really never looked at prices before. But now money is getting alittle tight I noticed some of the prices.

For a 12 pcs 3/8" socket set 8-19mm $232

They get expensive.

I want to get there new 18V impact.

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?P65=yes&tool=power&item_ID=737591&group_ID=737592&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog

expensive though. They have great tools just expensive.

James

CJM
03-09-2012, 08:38 PM
Ive got a slightly older model cordless impact compared to the one you linked. Ill be happy even if it does have 50 ft-lbs less than the new one. I got the gun, the old flashlight (the led one SUCKS!) and both the mobile and 120v charger plus 4 batts. Total thing cost me like 650 bucks way back when. Its worth it.

I can say snap ons good stuff, but like you said costs are quite high. I have a mix of matco, mac, snap on, gear wrench and stanley/husky stuff. Tell you the truth, for the money the stanley/husky tools are quite nice and I havent managed to break much besides the ratchets wearing out from constant use. I had craftsman and I sold almost all of it by now its cheap junk compared to what my dad has from 30 years ago.

dxcody
03-09-2012, 09:07 PM
Oh man!

I have a tool fetish. I also love every snap on/blue point tool my dad has.

Magnets, rachetts, Rachetting screw drivers (dale Earnhardt editions)... Everything. My dad basically bought everything that said snap on~ on it when he was working in his younger years.
He was in good with the guy who sold them all their tools at work, so if he saw something he wanted the guy gave it to him and he paid him so much a week until he paid them off.

Now i see when i was younger why my dad used to get soooo mad when i borrowed his tools and lost/left them somewhere.

Snap on is expensive but well worth it in my opinion.

Those 3/8 rachett sets he has never let me down.
Another thing i like about snap on, is the basic, regular screw drivers. If i have a tight sloted bolt that you cant stay on without slipping, i grab the snap on driver and it rarely slips.

They are expensive, but the saying goes... "You get what you pay for!"

CJM
03-09-2012, 09:13 PM
Thats how the tool guy works cody, you pay them a little bit till its paid off. Almost like credit.

I paid my tool guy way to much lol, he probably made like 2 grand off me over the years.

dxcody
03-09-2012, 09:34 PM
Ohhh ok.
I got ya now.

I would like to get a bunch of my own tools but then i think about it and... whats the point? My dad rarely even uses his anymore.

CJM
03-09-2012, 09:43 PM
You do have it good then. I dont loan out my tools, well not the nice ones anyways lol.

Stickman400
03-09-2012, 10:56 PM
We're more of a Craftsman/S&K tool family, lol. Nice tools btw, I would love to have them also if they weren't so damn expensive.

Ruby Soho
03-10-2012, 07:09 AM
you cant beat the snapons. idk how many times i cant break a bolt with a craftsman or any other cheaper brand and put the snappy on and broke it loose no problem.

that being said i only own a few snapon tools because im not a mechanic LOL. i have countless mechanic friends that are loaded with them if i need something good though.

HondaRacing83
03-10-2012, 09:09 AM
I love tools. I feel really bad. My dad practically gave me our barn and some Kennedy tool boxes to work on stuff. He just wanted me out of his garage using his **** lol. I think I have more tools than him, my kennedy toolboxes are nice and organized with full crescant sets and many tools. I have a big stainless stanly roller filled with unorganized tools. i paid for most of my tools are my grandpa bought me them for christmas, or i found them doing a huge barn cleanout. yet im still up in the garage 99% of the time because thats where my 400 is lol. only time i use my tools is working on my t maxx that is in the barn. maybe i need to move my 400 down there -_-

wilkin250r
03-10-2012, 10:23 AM
I just don't know.

If I can get a Stanley socket set for $65, the same Craftsman set is $109, and that's okay. I could see paying $150 for Snap-On, maybe even a little more. But it's not a little more, it's $565. I just can't see that, I can't pay that much.

I wrench a lot, I use my tools a lot, but they are a means to an end, and the END is more important to me. If I all of my tools were Snap-On, I'd have $50,000 worth of tools. Sure, Snap-On are better, but if I can accomplish the same thing with $5,000 worth of Craftsman and Stanley tools, I'll put the extra $45,000 into my projects.

Ruby Soho
03-10-2012, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
I just don't know.

If I can get a Stanley socket set for $65, the same Craftsman set is $109, and that's okay. I could see paying $150 for Snap-On, maybe even a little more. But it's not a little more, it's $565. I just can't see that, I can't pay that much.

I wrench a lot, I use my tools a lot, but they are a means to an end, and the END is more important to me. If I all of my tools were Snap-On, I'd have $50,000 worth of tools. Sure, Snap-On are better, but if I can accomplish the same thing with $5,000 worth of Craftsman and Stanley tools, I'll put the extra $45,000 into my projects.

i agree. most all of my buddies who stock up on the snapon stuff got the majority of their tools with school discount. i was in the process of aviation mechanic school and for the time i would have attended i think it was like 53% off anything snapon. might not be exact but i remember it being a significant price off. which is the only way id be buying loads of high priced tools. or if i was a mechanic for a living because they'd pay themselfs off.

dxcody
03-10-2012, 07:46 PM
One brand i have found that arent really worth a hoot..... Greatneck.

I snapped 3, 14MM greatneck wrenches workin on the Foreman...