PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone hear of electrex world??

bananas
03-08-2012, 05:52 PM
http://www.electrexworld.co.uk

Looks like they are making Stators for CR250 that we can put lights on the quad using DC and getting CR250 ignition.

I would like to see if anyone has used their stuff.

deathman53
03-09-2012, 10:08 AM
I know of them, they aren't all too good of a product. There is a high number of failures with them and how they get the accessory lighting power isn't the best either. basically, they use some of the poles and rewind them separate of the ignition power and rewind the ignition poles to make JUST enough power to produce good spark.

They have stators for lots of things, they have a 270w stator for ktm 4 strokes, but here is the problem. A decent percentage of them fail(usually at the worst times) and have a tendency to be much harder to start. People had to switch to iriduim plugs in order to be able to start them at all. Even then, it was hard starting, when switched back to stock stator, starts much easier w/ stock plug and run better.

If they do this on ktm's, then I am sure that their stators for other bikes/atv's aren't much different. All stators are basically the same, 4-10? poles wound with wire, dark eboxied (ignition usually), and rest have a clear eboxy on them and pickup sensor. Generally, if one line of products is prone to failing, most probably are.

bananas
03-12-2012, 12:51 PM
To bad they would sell a bunch of them... I did find another guy in the US but it's the same story. Someone needs to do it right. Running battery packs isn't the best way.