PDA

View Full Version : LONESTAR axle finish problems?

AtvKid4Eva
03-07-2012, 06:02 AM
Hey guys i have a +4 LSR axle on my 450r and i just have horrible luck with the chrome. It had started rusting and chipping prematurely so i called LSR and they still charged me $60 to have it recoated. I figured that was fair since it had some time on it. Well when i got the axle back it looked great so i reinstalled it. The bike has sat in my barn for about a year and was only ridden a handful of time and now the chrome is flaking off and rusting through everywhere. I emailed LSR last night hoping they will make this right. I have to believe their chrome is not thick enough or not applied correctly. Has anyone else had horrible luck with their LSR chrome finish or is it just me?

AtvKid4Eva
03-07-2012, 07:48 AM
lonestar just told me it is out of their hands because they do not chrome in house..really?

chronicsmoke
03-07-2012, 08:28 AM
I've heard similar stories about LSR.. Seems to be hit&miss, my 250r axle seems to be holding up alright..

Get it re-chromed or PC'd, bummer man:ermm:

Kawie450r
03-07-2012, 08:36 AM
Ive heard the same thing that the finish sucks and doesnt last.

I would just have it powdercoated.

LITE
03-07-2012, 09:49 AM
it is a low cost chrome job, not a three stage.Take to your local chrome shop tell them you want it to be show chrome . itwell stay nice. It will cost more than 60.00.

AtvKid4Eva
03-07-2012, 11:56 AM
I thought about PC, but pappy said it owuldnt hold up to well. I guess its either i take it to a local shop and have a good chrome job done or buy a different axle. Its a shame these big companies skip out on little stuff which in the end makes their product look bad.

lwrider20
03-07-2012, 12:56 PM
old lsr axles were chromed using a 3 stage chrome. the new axles are hard chrome and the axles that are about to be released are a special material that doesnt even get plated. like i said man if the chrome is defective and flaking go ahead and send it to me and i will cover it even though it was 3 years ago that we chromed it last. you cannot take it to any local chromer and have it rechromed. the axles have to go through a specail process to avoid getting hydrogen bubbles trapped in the material.

Thumpin440ex
03-07-2012, 07:16 PM
Chroming on all the new axles is sub par. You need to have it done from a good chrome chop, it will cost you over 100 buks all day long. It is a shame you pay such good money for products, get **** quality of the finish.

John

AtvKid4Eva
03-07-2012, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by lwrider20
old lsr axles were chromed using a 3 stage chrome. the new axles are hard chrome and the axles that are about to be released are a special material that doesnt even get plated. like i said man if the chrome is defective and flaking go ahead and send it to me and i will cover it even though it was 3 years ago that we chromed it last. you cannot take it to any local chromer and have it rechromed. the axles have to go through a specail process to avoid getting hydrogen bubbles trapped in the material.

are you going to send me a self addressed box to ship it back to LSR? I am not paying to have this thing re shipped to you guys. If you will send me a box and cover the charge for the chroming than i will gladly keep the LSR axle on my 450. PM me and let me know. Thanks!

robinson446
03-28-2012, 05:33 PM
hey i have a bent lonestar axle , arent they warrenteed? and how do i get a new one if it is?

bobbo97f150
03-31-2012, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by robinson446
hey i have a bent lonestar axle , arent they warrenteed? and how do i get a new one if it is?

If you have the original warranty card that came with the axle and there is no damage to the axle where the bearings ride, they should get you taken care of. Call them.