PDA

View Full Version : Season gettin close

Grimzella
03-06-2012, 07:40 PM
Hello Riders...

Winter is getting close to blowing over, and i am getting excited. Altho i do ride in the winter, nothing beats spring time riding, fresh air.. warm sun, blooming plant life, deer.. chipmonks.. lol you get the idea. I know i will be "maintaining" my local trails.. because no one else seems to ever do it :P .. i have found a way to have a bowsaw, a small hachette.. but i seem to have a problem finding a good spot for a shovel. At times we need to dig out rocks, for new trails.. or dig the middle out of rutts. or just need a good shovel to use for trail work. I guess i could just hide one on the trail somewhere.. but that sucks when its far away from where you are at. not to mention u just might need it right then and there. Has anyone used them small "fold up" types? they dont seem to have much scoop to them, but may work in a pinch. i would love to be able to use a full handle shovel.. (headed out of creekbeds u need to cut alot down & a long handle is great) or maybe, cut a full shovel down a little to fit somewhere on the quad. kfx400.

thanks for any input here.
Dave.

CJM
03-06-2012, 07:48 PM
Geber folding shovel, trust me its worth the cost and it works REALLY well.

Grimzella
03-08-2012, 11:05 AM
thanks, and that is a great idea, because as it happened yesterday. It was 66 deg here in PA. 3 of us went riding.. and one of my buddies got one Christmas, his lady got it. We used it 3 times, 2 times to dig out some rutts and one time for a rock (made a new hillclimb)

Dave

Tommy Warren
03-08-2012, 02:46 PM
i use a triple folding one that can fit in my back pack but its 6 feet long when i fold it out

wolfe 21
03-08-2012, 09:04 PM
could carry a cut-down spade shovel with the short D style handle across the rear fenders. otherwise, the collapsable ones are probably the way to go.