PDA

View Full Version : Pros & Cons for "Cool Heads"

RippinR
03-06-2012, 02:27 PM
I basically want to change my top end around this spring. Its currently set up to run race fuel. Its bored over (not big, cant remember) wisco piston, doubbeld base gaskets and cr250 head gasket. boyseen reeds, ported air box, jetted, fmf gold series pipe & turbine core silencer, larger sprokets. Its fast as hell and love that but you dont come by race fuel at gas stations up north so i have to drop gas or carry it with me which i would like to get away from but still have the same power if I were to rebuild it a different way. I want to know if these cool heads on the market with the different domes maybe along with some other tweeks could give me the power im looking for but on pump gas 93 oct. Any suggestions would be awsome. Thanks

Motofool250r
03-07-2012, 04:51 AM
Cool head/ replaceable dome head will do the job,

if you provide the piston diameter and piston deck height to one of the machinists they will make you a nice dome for both pump and race gas that you can swap in 15mins.

ESR, Prodesign, and there are a couple other brands floating around out there.

KM250R-BDTM
03-07-2012, 10:49 AM
Getting the same power out of Pump gas as you did out of Race Fuel, with just a Dome change is not going to happen.

A lot more engine, cylinder, dome and set-up work will need to be done to gain some of the TrQ & HP lost, and even then; it will not perform as it did on Race Fuel.