PDA

View Full Version : rekluse auto clutch

d90rick
03-06-2012, 09:19 AM
anyone use the rekluse auto clutch setups? if so, which one and how did it work out?

duneslider
03-06-2012, 09:26 PM
I loved the rekluse on my 2-stroke and was planning on putting one on my 400ex but thus far haven't felt I needed it. The type of riding I do doesn't seem to need it, plus these 4t's have a wider powerband that seems more forgiving.

dxcody
03-06-2012, 09:29 PM
No auto clutches made for the 400ex.

Used to be a brand called revlock but they stopped making them and i think they changed their name..?

ish416
03-06-2012, 10:16 PM
I ran a rekluse on a TRX450R, hated it.

Only time where I would ever run one would be racing in a tight woods where you need to grab the clutch all the time, otherwise, I hated it.

dxcody
03-06-2012, 11:14 PM
Both of my buddies run a rekluse.

One on a LTR450
One on a YFZ450X

things thats cool about the rekluse is starts, if you race XC.
And say you have a hill with a very small run and the most you can get to is 2nd gear, with a rekluse you could climb it in 3rd.

Im with ish, im not a big fan of them either.

You have to check them about everytime you ride because, if that clearance gets out of spec, it stalls out.... ALOT.

You have to run a little higher idle too, BUT if you (like ish said) do ride alot of really tight technical trails... They are a big advantage.

The thing i dislike most about rekluse is, it drags out your low end ALOT.

For example, on pavement my buddies YFZ-X could get me low end + top end.
With his rekluse in, i can flat burn him low end by about 2 quad lengths. But mid-top he gets me.

powerbomb400
03-07-2012, 07:29 AM
I think its having to check it all the time that turns me off having one.