PDA

View Full Version : trx90 help

D3structive
03-05-2012, 02:11 PM
Guys I don't quite know where to start. I got this 2006 trx90 from a friend, he gave it to me because he can't get it to run, no cranking when I got it. I replaced the battery (original was only holding 7 volts) and took the carb apart and cleaned every part of it (it was dirty but not real bad, pilot jet was plugged) I also drained and cleaned the tank since the bike was sitting for 2 years. I put it all back together and It fires up on full choke and will only stay running when I pump the throttle, only on full choke. ( leads me to believe it's a fuel delivery issue. I noticed while cleaning it that the petcock has 2 fuel inlets, 1 of which seems to do nothing ( I assume it might be a return pressure feed since the bottom inlet directs fuel into the carb, the 90 doesn't have an accelerator pump) Anyone have any other advice on what I can try to get this fixed? I really don't want to pay someone to get it running.

D3structive
03-05-2012, 03:57 PM
NM found the problem. For anyone else having this type of issue there is a filter inside the tank connected to the outlets on the bottom. it was 90% clogged due to a 2yr sit. My advice for this is to break that filter off completely and add an inline filter outside of the tank. this makes for easier maintenance.