CAR
03-04-2012, 07:15 PM
What would win, 2008 trx 450 or 2011 kfx450r

njquadracer11
03-04-2012, 07:32 PM
if your talking about a flat out drag race stock for stock, most likely the kfx

CAR
03-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Ya cause me and my brother both have dasa pipes and he had a power commander and I can out run him taking off but when he hits fourth gear he's gone

njquadracer11
03-05-2012, 09:04 PM
yea the honda is a better bike though, once you start doing work to the kfx motors, they become very unreliable

piejazz96
03-06-2012, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by njquadracer11
yea the honda is a better bike though, once you start doing work to the kfx motors, they become very unreliable

eh i beg to differ, you're on a honda forum and you will get a biased opinion from here. Once the wiring harness is cut and done right, the big three on the kfx will blow away any honda with the same. Kfx engines that blow up are 14:1 race engines that get the piss beat out of them every race.

Stock, kfx is just as reliable as a trx if you take care of it.

Kawie450r
03-06-2012, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by piejazz96
eh i beg to differ, you're on a honda forum and you will get a biased opinion from here. Once the wiring harness is cut and done right, the big three on the kfx will blow away any honda with the same. Kfx engines that blow up are 14:1 race engines that get the piss beat out of them every race.

Stock, kfx is just as reliable as a trx if you take care of it.

+1 gutted harness does wonders for the kawi. Had mine for almost 4 years with the big 3 and not a single engine problem.

I dig honda's as well. Hate the constant this quad is better than this quad crap. Ride what ya got and be happy.

05 450R in pa
03-06-2012, 03:33 PM
i have to agree on kawis being unreliabe..i maintain my machines meticously and some things iv found are kawis run too small of rear sprocket bolt i broke 2 sprockets in a season(bolts broke during a moto letting sprocket twist and break),and before any1 says i must not of torqued them i torqued to spec. ended up runnin a honda sprocket and bolts to finish season..2nd. motors dont hold up,had 2 break at wristpin and wipe entire motor out(stock no mods) and 3rd the wiring is an absolute nightmare(constantly fighting wiring and sensor issues).my honda on the other hand have been reliable as can be and they get run hard

Pacheco_450r
03-06-2012, 04:43 PM
I partially agree with the saying of "be happy with what you have" because a lot does come down to the rider...BUT when most of the privateers and non factory backed pro-am and pros in the nationals are running Hondas, that has to say something! When they are paying the bills they go with the most reliable.

sexysilverado45
03-06-2012, 11:59 PM
I would say reliability is a small portion of the reason they do. Id say most of it is because of the cost to mod a kawi, suz, and can am is greater than Honda. The kfxs is not the quad that everyone thinks it is because this is what they've heard. It is a great quad reliability wise just like the Honda. We have a kawi that has ran without an air filter by accident several times and been flooded twice with not problems. Might I add we have 2 with stock clutches one of which the kid never uses it but on starts. Also one problem with sprocket bolts but that was caused by a warped sprocket. So dont tell me they aren't reliable. We have two with Walsh motors that pull the holeshot on built Honda's yami s and ktms almost every race and these aren't beginner riders. Not to mention they arguably handle better than the Honda with front ends that are made for them(no Ltr front end). One down fall is they are very restrictive from the factory so the big 3 is nessasry. The honda is a great quad if you want to be like everyone else. But there is some positives parts are available everywhere and that makes up keep cheaper.

HighFlyerMN
03-08-2012, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by CAR
Ya cause me and my brother both have dasa pipes and he had a power commander and I can out run him taking off but when he hits fourth gear he's gone

If you knew the answer to the question, why did you ask it?

CAR
03-10-2012, 05:12 PM
just wondered whta every one else thought.

trx400Rider
03-10-2012, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by CAR
just wondered whta every one else thought.
I think honda is the best!

sexysilverado45
03-10-2012, 11:09 PM
Really the kfx stock should lose. The stock intake is terrible. Once you put on the big 3 it's a big game changer.

ethan450r
03-11-2012, 01:51 AM
HONDA all the way! If you think different I personally think you don't no anything about quads!

bk111
03-11-2012, 06:40 AM
Intake+programmer+full exhaust=$1000
HRC kit=$400
you decide

sexysilverado45
03-11-2012, 08:11 AM
What 400 and still going to get beat. What a hrc do on the synopsis? Big 3 should put you somewhere around 47-49.5 depending on the dyno

bk111
03-11-2012, 08:44 AM
"What a hrc do on the synopsis?" Is that English? HRC kit on 06+ bikes gets you to 46-48hp.

piejazz96
03-11-2012, 05:41 PM
06+ hrc kits will fall flat on their face in the top end unlike the kfx. Just like I said before, you WILL receive a biased opinion on here because this is mainly a honda forum.