PDA

View Full Version : cdi help

Christiansdad
03-04-2012, 05:48 PM
was wanting to know what wires hook up from the max rpm cdi box/coil to the stator. This what we have. The cdi box has black and white with red lines. a solid black wire with white line. Then a solid black wire. The stator has a black and white wires with the red
line,just as what the cdi box has. And also the stator has a 3 prong connector plug coming out that was not used before. my kill switch is a pro armor with two solid black wires and i have a ground strap from frame to motor. I done it all ways possible i think. I cannot get the kill switch hooked up and working without splicing into the black wire with the red stripe. when the bike runs it will idle but not Rev up. The stator,is at zero degress and box at zero. Turning the dail switch didnt do anything different. Has anyone,had this issue before

selbygirl
03-04-2012, 09:04 PM
i had a drr that would start up and ilde as soon as you give it gas it would break up no power , it was the factory connections i hard wired them , , best thing i ever did was put a pvl on the bike less head aches

fomospede
03-04-2012, 10:07 PM
ive used that style and like the performance but they seem to eat stators
seems like gforce has that info somewhere on his sight

Christiansdad
03-05-2012, 06:40 AM
Went to gforce web site, following the directionz. Somthing is not right.Honest truth is that pvl worth it for a 50cc

fomospede
03-05-2012, 08:40 AM
if you buy it you will have no doubts
i didnt think so either now i have one
for a play quad stock will work if you are racing and need more reliability and performance pvl
we run the malossi

selbygirl
03-05-2012, 12:54 PM
we had a old 70 motor .threw a pvl on it and my boy sed that thing has way more power then it did before. pvl gives better throttle responce , after landing from a jump or comming out of a turn , and less wires to figure out

Christiansdad
03-05-2012, 08:47 PM
I gave her another shot tonight without the bud light. I got somewhere or just another ree ree mistake. I hooked two wires for the ground(black & black white line wires) spliced the kill switch wire into the black with red line. Fired it up and the motor reved way up like the throttle was hung. I think i had a ground missing because it did its thing back when i jiggled wires for the ground. But on The stator which way is advance and normal. I think i turned it from where the bolts now touch the left side of the slot..clockwise i think