PDA

View Full Version : Complete motor for trade

IcutMetl
03-02-2012, 08:49 PM
I have a complete running engine that's sitting on my shelf I wouldn't mind trading for a big bore top end or a good front suspension setup.

The motor was out of my '88. It has good cases with no major damage. The oil drain has been fixed to accept a LT250R bolt, and a couple of the M6 drain holes on the side of the case have been heli-coiled. There is currently no stator cover on it, but I will include one. I'm not sure what condition the lower end bearings are in, but the clutch is smooth and the transmission shifts great. The top end is a 68.5mm bore and midrange port from RB Racing; I had it done a couple of years ago and really haven't ridden much at all since; I bought a parts bike and am keeping that motor. The head is stock running a thin gasket and made 190-200psi before break-in on a Wiseco piston. I always ran CAM2 110 octane fuel and Super Techniplate at 40:1. I ran it with a 38mm carb and a Sparks TT exhaust, and it ran like mad in the mid-top. I found that all-around 'grunt' is what I want.

I can supply pictures and other info if needed.

jhtrx250r
03-25-2012, 08:43 PM
What type of shocks are you looking for and are you running stock length or extended a arms?
I have a set of pep front shocks just gone through by jet suspension, they are long travel for stock and stock length a arms set up for xc.
Triple rate with ebach 200lb springs, I have the paper work from the rebuild the bladders where replaced as well as all seals and oil (full service)
I attached a pic of them on the quad I'm building.

jhtrx250r
03-26-2012, 11:30 PM
I dident get a pic in last night, but if this interests you here is a pic.

Burns310r
03-27-2012, 05:50 AM
I have a ESR 330 PV top end kit (comes with new piston) with 4 domes and a billet exhaust flange. TRX9 port.

ESR just resleeved it and it hasnt had a piston in it yet. Its basically brand new and ready to be put on.

I have been wanting to trade for a complete motor for awhile.

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t82/BurnsMGT/photobucket-2177-1325609073731.jpg

Let me know.