PDA

View Full Version : Pep Pb1 comp. only?

jjohns5
03-02-2012, 09:35 AM
Thinking about going with the Pb1 compression only on my Hybrid. I talked to Seth at SF and he made sence, the only downside would be resale if I were to part out the bike later on down the road. Pb1's are awesome shocks and I don't think the rebound will be that big of a hinder on their performance (Seth agrees)? Plus I would be saving $500.

My other option would be to hold out and buy a used pair of Pb1 fully adjustable...bottom line is I really don't want to blow the full $2000 on a front set of shocks. I could probably find a full used set for $1500 front and rear but that doesn't include set up and service? In the past I never really had to mess with the rebound on the fronts much, more so on the rear to get the shocks working together in sync.

The bike is going to be mainly open desert, dune and trail ridden...NEED SOME OPINIONS...thanks.

sexysilverado45
03-02-2012, 10:57 AM
Motowoz. 1300 for the fronts with compression,rebound, and triple rate. They are in my opinion and the opinion of some people who have ridden my quad better than or equal to pb1s. And a savings of 700$.

jjohns5
03-02-2012, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by sexysilverado45
Motowoz. 1300 for the fronts with compression,rebound, and triple rate. They are in my opinion and the opinion of some people who have ridden my quad better than or equal to pb1s. And a savings of 700$.

Not knocking Motowoz I here they are good, but I need some opinions on Pep comp. only Thanks...

Kovatch
03-02-2012, 12:15 PM
I didn't fork over the $$ for PB-1s and just got the ZPS big bottle rezzies. I, personally, don't see a need for the rebound adjustments as I'll never be a top A or Pro-Am rider+. So the true added benefits won't effect me. I race MX, some locally, some nationals. C -> B class.

There is also a difference in the valving of the shocks PB-1s v ZPS big bottles, but I don't think I'll ever get to that level where the valving and/orrebound adjustments make all the difference for a race.

Save the $800 & get a set of ZPS w/big bottle rezzies. If you want PB-1s because they are better than big bottles... go ahead. I think you can off load the big bottles fairly easy as many moderate level riders will buy them.

jjohns5
03-02-2012, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Kovatch
I didn't fork over the $$ for PB-1s and just got the ZPS big bottle rezzies. I, personally, don't see a need for the rebound adjustments as I'll never be a top A or Pro-Am rider+. So the true added benefits won't effect me. I race MX, some locally, some nationals. C -> B class.

There is also a difference in the valving of the shocks PB-1s v ZPS big bottles, but I don't think I'll ever get to that level where the valving and/orrebound adjustments make all the difference for a race.

Save the $800 & get a set of ZPS w/big bottle rezzies. If you want PB-1s because they are better than big bottles... go ahead. I think you can off load the big bottles fairly easy as many moderate level riders will buy them.

I'm thinking the same, I was also looking into the Zps big bottle ressies and I'm aware of the diifferent valving , I like the look of the Pb1's and the rebound probably won't be in need that much for open desert ect...

I really don't need to comment much about your statement it works, leaning toward the Pb1 comp. only, Thanks...

Also does anyone run the Pb1 comp. only? HOW DO THEY LIKE THEM...

Darren Lee15
03-03-2012, 01:16 PM
REBOUND IS HUGE!!! I RUN HONDA06 WITH JB LTR FRONT END PEP PB1S AND 8 CLICK REAR WITH JB SUPERLINK THE BEST OUT THERE

The more you keep your tires on the ground MORE TRACTION AND CONTROL the faster you are. so if you go to a track with aLot of braking bumps and accerlation bumps in and out of corners if your rebound is too fast your back end is hopping around almost bucking u off and will push you through the corner cause ur loosing control.
NOW IF TOO SLOW THE SUSPENSION SAYS COMPRESSED THE WHEELS SKIP OVER THE GROUND LOOSING TRACTION. ALL THIS ACTION IN JUST THE BACK SHOCKS AFFECTS ALL YOUR FRONT END. YOU WILL CONSTANTLY BLOW CORNERS RIDING ON THE EDGE AND GET ARM PUMP FRONM HOLDING ON SO PEOPLE THAT COMMENT REBOUND NOT A BIG DEAL your CRAZY. i RUN A CLASSES at nationals and districts FOR 6 YEARS NOW AND CONSTANTLY CHANGE REBOUND SETTINGS. WHATS ANOTHER 500 BUCKS REALLY WHEN YOU CAN RIDE A LONG TIME AND SAVE YOUR BODY THE ABUSE.

jjohns5
03-03-2012, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Darren Lee15
REBOUND IS HUGE!!! I RUN HONDA06 WITH JB LTR FRONT END PEP PB1S AND 8 CLICK REAR WITH JB SUPERLINK THE BEST OUT THERE

The more you keep your tires on the ground MORE TRACTION AND CONTROL the faster you are. so if you go to a track with aLot of braking bumps and accerlation bumps in and out of corners if your rebound is too fast your back end is hopping around almost bucking u off and will push you through the corner cause ur loosing control.
NOW IF TOO SLOW THE SUSPENSION SAYS COMPRESSED THE WHEELS SKIP OVER THE GROUND LOOSING TRACTION. ALL THIS ACTION IN JUST THE BACK SHOCKS AFFECTS ALL YOUR FRONT END. YOU WILL CONSTANTLY BLOW CORNERS RIDING ON THE EDGE AND GET ARM PUMP FRONM HOLDING ON SO PEOPLE THAT COMMENT REBOUND NOT A BIG DEAL your CRAZY. i RUN A CLASSES at nationals and districts FOR 6 YEARS NOW AND CONSTANTLY CHANGE REBOUND SETTINGS. WHATS ANOTHER 500 BUCKS REALLY WHEN YOU CAN RIDE A LONG TIME AND SAVE YOUR BODY THE ABUSE.

Good info, keep in mind this bike is not going to be raced? I'm just going to take all opinions and info into consideration and make a decision based on that...It's about 470 more for the rebound so it's something to think about?...I have already decided on a fully adj. Zps rear for sure, talking to Seth he made it seem like the front end rebound wasn't too much of a concern but, this is a build with no time limit so I may just go for the comp. rebound front also, just wanted some opinions, I keep wondering if I would regret not getting the rebound later on down the road...Thanks

funyun
03-05-2012, 12:33 PM
Not sure how it is for others but I don't think I really touch the rebound on my fronts, on the rear shock though I definitely do. Sounds like the guy above you saying he likes rebound is really just talking about the rear.

blaster12s
03-05-2012, 01:33 PM
go full adj. your going to want it eventually and you know it.

jjohns5
03-05-2012, 04:57 PM
Pretty much 50/50 on the opinions, when it comes down to it I may just go fully adjustable to be safe.