PDA

View Full Version : March 8th Trip to Glamis... Final Info

Str8Wicked
03-03-2003, 01:55 PM
Hey guys starting a new thread for all the guys wanting to roll this weekend.

Hey 300exTJ, we will be rolling out most likely after work on Friday. I'm taking off at 2:00 on Thursday to get my arm tatted down so not sure if I can leave early on friday as well. I'll let you know as the time gets closer. I don't mind anyone coming down with us.... Let em know if you want to meet up or something for the trip up.

Anyone else going let me know and we'll set something up.

Oh yeah, and look for the Avi.....

300exTJjeeper
03-03-2003, 07:11 PM
I'm in there and goign to be a blast, first time riding in the dunes, Wicked, that will not be a problem well see what happens towards the end of the week

Tazz300ex
03-03-2003, 08:21 PM
Whats up???? I am 300exTJJeepers friend.. Hey I am down to go.. I am unable to hit the road till 5pm.. I need directions to the Glamis store from Corona.. 91 east to what, to what??

I definatly am looking forward to ridin.. Going to be pretty stock.. But working on it..Wife works four hours a day.. I pay the Bills soon as she gets a darn job the quad gets some love..

2003 "pretty dam stock" Yellow Honda 300ex
Forgot what kind of bars I put on.. haven't rode in like three weeks..
Stock everything.......

Str8Wicked
03-03-2003, 08:36 PM
Or in a simple way.. Just take the 10 east for about 1 1/2 - 2 hours. Catch the exit to the 86.. only one way you can go. The first exit there is a jack n da box and gas station if you want to fill up there. keep going down the 86... Stay on there, it turns into the 78 without you even knowing. This will take you straight through brawley. After you leave Brawley, your last place to fill before Glamis you will see a sign that will say Glamis, turn left here. I believe it is the second left you can make. This road will take you to Glamis. The first road you come to is Gecko road (This is where I will be camped in Gecko Campground which I will explain how to get to after) If you keep going past Gecko Road you will come to a second street which is the Glamis Lookout point. The 3rd Street is the vendor row and the side entrance tot he washes. After this Strret you will go about 1/2 a mile more and see the Glamis store to your right side. If you camp in the washes you can go (looking towards the store) down on the left side of the store and follor the road that runs along the railroad tracks. As you come to each railroad wash it will be spray paint with which wash you are at.

Gecko Campground = Go onto gecko road, get your camping permit right after the ranger station. You just enter your money and the pass comes out. Keep going down Gecko until you see a sign that says Gecko Campground. The sign will be on your left hand side. make a left onto this road, pass the bathrooms and your in Gecko campground....

Good Luck.... Have fun... we'll be down Friday night... Think we are leaving at about 2 pm thou.... I'll let you know thou....

Tazz300ex
03-03-2003, 10:10 PM
Cool I may just end up at the campgound then.. Thanks for the directions..

300exTJjeeper
03-03-2003, 10:17 PM
hey WIcked,

Sweet directions I guess I'll be heading out around 11 or so got nothing to do over trhere anyways and then Tazz will be showing up at around 8 or 9 at the same place. I guess I'll see you there.

Dune Surfer
03-03-2003, 11:43 PM
I'm working on it. I'll have to be really nice to my wife;) I was out this weekend it was great. I'll post a few pics to get everybody ready. Here is Fernando jumping off the top of a dune

Str8Wicked
03-03-2003, 11:46 PM
I see crack!!!

dammn it... 4 more days.. 4 more days...

Dune Surfer
03-03-2003, 11:51 PM
Her is the scene around camp. If you ever meet the guy here with the riding pants on, and he ask if you want to ride, Plan on the ride of your life. He rides the he** out of a dirt bike. Thats what I like about Glamis, they were camped next to us, we had a beer and went for a Killer ride.

Dune Surfer
03-03-2003, 11:56 PM
All the pics of me turned out like this:grr We need a little camera pratice. Same jump as above, off the top of a good sized dune but taking the pic to late.

Dune Surfer
03-04-2003, 12:04 AM
Here is how most turned out. We teased him about showing crack. Thats the first thing he said, Oh man you can see my crack.lol
I'll see you guys out there. Lets pick a spot and time to meet. Something like the gecko loop sign sat at 9:00 am sat or wherever.

300exTJjeeper
03-04-2003, 02:50 AM
Nic's Pic's This will be my first out there with my quad. Have not been ther in almost 3 years. I'll be camping in Gecko Camp with the directions wicked gave me. I'll be arriving at the site around 2 or 3pm at the lastest on Friday afternoon..

man can't wait to start jumping the dunes.
Getting some paddles in so it shoulb be fun.

whooooooohooooooooo

oldnumberseven
03-04-2003, 03:02 AM
Hey Str8 I might be able to make it this weekend. Are you gonna be on the loop?

AFTERMARKET
03-04-2003, 03:28 AM
It is hard to get up at 9:00 when you dont go to bed untill 6am!!!!! Ill be there but not sure about the sign. You might have to come get me :)

300exTJjeeper
03-04-2003, 05:22 AM
That is very true I love night runs and tehn get back to camp around 5 or so then drink so more then crash, heheh

Str8Wicked
03-04-2003, 02:33 PM
OK... For sure I'm camping at Ghecko Campground and should be leaving Los Angeles about 2 pm so expect me at about 5-6 pm depending on traffic on friday. AFTERMARKET. Do you have any signs or anything that makes your area stand out. If not I'll try to make some signs but I'll be there after 300exTJ... Maybe 300ex or Aftermarket can block an area off for all of us... I'm going down with a friend and a few girls but we are meeting some others out there. We can just let them know where we will be camped...

One of the guys has a 440 Banshee done up sicc......

AFTERMARKET.. I wanna ride fooolll.... lol lol :D :D :D :D :D

AFTERMARKET
03-04-2003, 04:05 PM
We have a habbit of "closing the hill" ;) :eek2: :eek2:

Str8Wicked
03-04-2003, 04:07 PM
I'm sure you have no problem accomplishing that... lol

Str8Wicked
03-04-2003, 06:10 PM
Looking good so far...

Dune Surfer
03-04-2003, 06:52 PM
I got my new elka shocks last night and I'm thinking of going to duncan racing today and getting a new exhaust. I should be ready:D

300exTJjeeper
03-04-2003, 07:26 PM
Hey wicked,

I could do that, I'll leave Friday morning to the site and mark off a site for everybody. Also I put some signs leading to the site so Tazz could find his way at night to the site, i know it's gaonna be packed too.

I gots lots of wood so fire could be no problem but the more the merryer, right, hehe

Cause Tazz is teh pyro of fire starters, eehhe and make up bombs, hahahahahha

AIn't that right Tazz trying to blow up Gorman a couple of weeks ago

hahahhah

whooooooohoooooooo

Wheahter looks mighty fine too, yes
New paddles, new pipe ready for the dunes

Tazz300ex
03-04-2003, 07:33 PM
:devil

The Jager bottle was tight though you have to admit.....

Cool Cool I'll need some signs to see where you all are camped..

Str8Wicked
03-04-2003, 07:36 PM
Yeah I have like 10 pallets here at work but decided to let the bums have them since I am only taking my truck up this weekend and don't want to pack em in..... I'll have gas thou and tons of liqour... It's always packed right there on ghecko Campground... Try to find a spot facing the dunes if you can so we have room to blow shizznit up..... :eek: :eek: :eek: If we need more wood the mexican homie out near the washes always hooks us up sicc with wood for cheap.... He's already used to me running outta wood everyweekend..

Duner... do it up man..... get that thing ready....

I just sent my headrest out of my Avi to get two new 7 inch wide screens put in. hopefully they'll be done Thursday night so I can hook them up to my in dash 7 inch...... I guess we all wait to the last min.....

300exTJjeeper
03-04-2003, 08:23 PM
YOu got it wicked, hehe I guess we got lots of pyro's here, ahhaahh

Anyways I'll get the spot marked off with some tape of sometrhing also if anybody cares or if TAZZ can't find his way I'll be on channel 11 on teh CB all day, ehheh

Yes liquor and beer + FIre= Hella FUN

Str8Wicked
03-04-2003, 08:44 PM
When you get there 300 you may want to find AFTERMARKET since he will be rolling out Thursday.

I think these are his toys you may want to look for....

http://www.glamisdunes.com/photopost/data/500/19100-0061_img.jpg

300exTJjeeper
03-04-2003, 09:55 PM
WOW!!!

I will be sure to find that in the corner of my eye, That rail is sweet.

Got some bad news from PARTS DIRECT. I won't be leaving till noon on Friday because those A** O's FU*KED up on my order for the 2nd time in a row.
But the pipe is comming in on Friday and I'll jet as soon as I get and Just put it on when I get there and rejet it too.

I hate that place 2 weeks and still have not gotten it right, I swear when I get my Pipe I'm gonna rasie hell when I give me a call, Dumb People over there
Cheap Prices but Stuiped Customer Service.

I'm freakin Pissed, ahhhhhhhhhhhhh It must be the heat in teh Nevada that is making them dumb, I swear

Str8Wicked
03-04-2003, 10:03 PM
Good luck man..

Take extra jet sizes and extra plugs just in case....

300exTJjeeper
03-05-2003, 12:06 AM
Yeah I already got it rejetted for a test run when the pipe comes on.
Running 128 main, and 38 pilot
Plus I got some extra sizes here too , hey maybe I might get lucky and hit it on the first time, hehehh

Str8Wicked
03-05-2003, 09:00 AM
When I did my 400 it was dead on with the first Jet...

300exTJjeeper
03-05-2003, 09:13 AM
I hope I have the same luck..

Str8Wicked
03-05-2003, 09:22 AM
The problem I had is I couldn't get my 400 to start up after re jetting. After about 2 days of messing with it I found out that my carb wasn't filling with gas, For some reason unless I put it on reserve for a couple seconds and start it while in reserve it would be fine. If I just put the gas in the ON position it seemed it wasn't filling the carb. Once it fills with the reserve position on thou I can switch to the ON position and it's fine.... Who the hell knows thou....

AFTERMARKET
03-05-2003, 11:25 AM
Leaving tomorow. Early........ Did I say EARLY?

Str8Wicked
03-05-2003, 11:40 AM
AFTERMARKET, check your PM and/or e-mail.....

Leaving tomorow. Early........ Did I say EARLY

Someone's lucky.... lol

Tazz300ex
03-05-2003, 02:26 PM
WOW early??? Someone is lucky.... I'll be one of the last to arrive.. Job and all.. I am going to try to leave alittle early though..4:30 or so.. leaving straight from work..putting up with the 91 till the 10 will be a headache.. 75 all the way.. should be there by 8 or little after depending on how many times I have to stop for a radiator check....water+hops=radiator checks....

Str8Wicked
03-05-2003, 02:39 PM
I know friday traffic and that's the main reason I'm taking off earlier....... Usually when I go fridays I will leave early, but if I'm not on my way before 4 I usually just wait till about 8 or 9 to leave. It's better than dealing with that rush hour traffic....

As it is I have to put up with it everyday going in and out of downtown LA....

Tazz300ex
03-05-2003, 02:48 PM
I live in Corona off of Green River so I fight the 91 everyday.. i work in Yorba Linda so I have figured if I leave before 5 i miss most of the traffic.. Its all good i'll be dialed and can just hit the road.. the trouble will be from about Surfus Club to the 15.. and probably through Riverside.. I'll make it......I meant 75-80 on the 10 and the 86..I'll make the lost time up somewhere.. got to watch for the po po though.....

dariusld
03-05-2003, 04:44 PM
I was thinking about going, but then I started reading the threads. It sounds like you guys are to rowdy for me. I like to go to bed early and wake up even earlier. I'll stick to Ogilby Rd. and the old, quite people.

AFTERMARKET
03-05-2003, 04:57 PM
The only real speed trap Is in between Westmorland and brawley. Other than that its 70-80 all the way.
Ill look for you guys in the gecko loop friday night on the Cart.

Str8Wicked
03-05-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by dariusld
I was thinking about going, but then I started reading the threads. It sounds like you guys are to rowdy for me. I like to go to bed early and wake up even earlier. I'll stick to Ogilby Rd. and the old, quite people.

I go to sleep early in Glamis.....

early the next morning...

I usually do about 80 all the way to Brawly as soon I pass Beaumont.....

hey you guys gonna buy anything from vendors over there... try and support the guys at KrazyKevins.. they always are cool and like to party...

300exTJjeeper
03-05-2003, 05:30 PM
ahha ahh come on Darilus, we'll be ok, it's not like Glamis ever goes to sleep, anyways.

BUt hopefully we can meet up and take a ride or something

Laters

Dune Surfer
03-05-2003, 11:17 PM
I got my pipe and shocks on and I'm ready to go, Is it gecko loop then? I'll be out friday night or early saturday. Are we going with 9:00 am at the gecko loop sign?

Str8Wicked
03-06-2003, 08:50 AM
Look for my Avi in Gecko campground Dune Surfer... I'm not sure I'd remember Sat. morning where I'm supposed to meet.... lol

Hey what are rolling up so we can keep an eye out for ya....

AFTERMARKET
03-06-2003, 11:34 AM
I AM OUT OF HERE!
Ill catch up with you all Friday night. Look for the black long travel golf cart jumping in and out of the berm tracks!

AFTERMARKET

Str8Wicked
03-06-2003, 12:19 PM
Expected to leave between 1:00pm and 3pm tomorrow... See ya there....

Tazz300ex
03-06-2003, 04:54 PM
Don't know if I can swing it but I am still trying to get out of work at noon......See YA All there..................

Dune Surfer
03-06-2003, 05:04 PM
Dariusld,
Don't worry about these guys, I read their post all the time. I'm sure they won't be out of hand. Besides I don't want to be the only old guy there. Think about it, it's always good to have people to ride with.

300exTJjeeper
03-06-2003, 06:41 PM
Well time is a ticking and my pipe and Paddles will be comming tmorrow morning. HOpefully, hehehhe

OUnce I get the parts it's off to lala land for some serious riding this weekened, I've been2 weeks without riding and I'm starting to see the shakes in my hands.

I guess I'll be meeting up with Aftermarket around 1 or 2 at GLamis, got the directions from Wicked and I bileve Tazz is showing up around 8-9 depending on his work.

Well I'll be on tomorrow morning just to see anybody else is comming or not. But everybody pray for me that I hope I get the Right PIPE this time, if not I'm just a stocker and I don't that,

heheh GLAMIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO

Dune Surfer
03-06-2003, 09:40 PM
Hey TJ.
cuttin it a little close? Thats ok, I just got my pipe and shocks on last night. I'll be out there Sat. morning by about 8:00, look for me on gecko loop. I'll be driving a gold ranger with plates that say dune atv. Lets go for a ride.:D

Str8Wicked
03-07-2003, 08:45 AM
We'll I'm off at 11:00 or 12:00 today from work and heading to my house to pick the trailer up than get the food, pick another friend and his bike up than were off......

I'll be in Gecko Campground...... Just look for the Avi and everyone is welcome to crash with us......

300exTJjeeper
03-07-2003, 09:05 AM
whoooooooohooooooooo GLAMIS WEEKENED SEE YOU ALL THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Str8Wicked
03-07-2003, 10:50 AM
It's on... I'm already craving a few beers, some BBQ, and sum sand.....