PDA

View Full Version : more power.

florentino
03-01-2012, 10:31 PM
ok i have a 2008 ds 450 mmx with the race ecm ,full exaust,and knn filter. i am now ready for more power. only 3 to 5 hps .
i want my motor to last and i dont really whant to do port work in the head or race piston.

is the exaust cam really worth it?

going to get the bcs filter.

whats the deal on the green injector? its that worth it?

i know that the more hps you have on any motor the less it will last.
i am happy with my stock motor. i just need a little more.

also what gear ratio do u run. i will be doing mx and xc racing in california

DVS_Freestyler
03-02-2012, 10:13 AM
I use to run an HMF exhaust, and just switching to a Rossier exhaust with their free air kit (oversize filter and intake ring) made such a difference! Much more responsive and you can even hear the deeper sound.

I've tried the exhaust cam and it wasn't too noticeable, but it all helps. I'm in the same boat as you, don't want to do any engine work to risk reliability but looking for more hp.

I would suggest first trying the free air kit, I was surprised it helped as much as it did.

http://www.rossiereng.com/images/products/ds450_filterkit.jpg

florentino
03-05-2012, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by DVS_Freestyler
I use to run an HMF exhaust, and just switching to a Rossier exhaust with their free air kit (oversize filter and intake ring) made such a difference! Much more responsive and you can even hear the deeper sound.

I've tried the exhaust cam and it wasn't too noticeable, but it all helps. I'm in the same boat as you, don't want to do any engine work to risk reliability but looking for more hp.

I would suggest first trying the free air kit, I was surprised it helped as much as it did.

http://www.rossiereng.com/images/products/ds450_filterkit.jpg

that ring looks the same as the bcs. i will get the exaust cam 2
whats the deal on the green injector? do i really need to port the tb?
bcs said u do and some say you dont.

jlrenken
03-06-2012, 06:05 AM
the green injector helps inconjuction with the 50mm throttle body and porting. I think if you do porting and injector and throttle body it will be more reliable than you thinks. just my .02

florentino
03-06-2012, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by jlrenken
the green injector helps inconjuction with the 50mm throttle body and porting. I think if you do porting and injector and throttle body it will be more reliable than you thinks. just my .02

porting the head or the tb?

jlrenken
03-06-2012, 02:59 PM
both

troysDS
03-14-2012, 11:37 PM
tino, i got a green injector i'll sell ya.