PDA

View Full Version : New Toy

extremeblastr
03-01-2012, 06:40 PM
heard a lot of good things about them so i went out and picked one up to play with today.

Hi Point Firearms C9-9mm with carrying case, trigger lock, kershaw knife painted to be sold with gun (says hi point firearms in the cross) and 50 rounds of 9mm luger for 246.12 out the door.

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh637/pqc511/20120301183924.jpg

finsteratv
03-01-2012, 10:04 PM
Nice! I'd like to get a handgun but have no real use for it. I usually just use rifles for hunting.

250x_kyle
03-01-2012, 11:02 PM
my buddy just picked up the same pistol about three weeks ago.

jaspurx
03-01-2012, 11:17 PM
Can`t go wrong on a deal like that!!

trailrider894
03-02-2012, 07:47 PM
I had one, but hated it, got rid of it after one day of shooting. Mine too was the 9mm. It was a brick, was top heavy and I kept shooting way low. It was impossible to shoot just because it is so awkward. Not to mention it kept jamming when shooting anything but high quality full metal jackets.

Maybe you will have better luck, but seeing that the Army has me carrying an M9 day in and day out, so after thousands of rounds, I may be biased. Not to mention the only handgun i've ever enjoyed shooting is my 1911 and my M9.

Tommy Warren
03-03-2012, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by finsteratv
Nice! I'd like to get a handgun but have no real use for it. I usually just use rifles for hunting.

nobody really has a use for a handgun.....it just makes you feel gangsta :macho

extremeblastr
03-03-2012, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by trailrider894
I had one, but hated it, got rid of it after one day of shooting. Mine too was the 9mm. It was a brick, was top heavy and I kept shooting way low. It was impossible to shoot just because it is so awkward. Not to mention it kept jamming when shooting anything but high quality full metal jackets.

Maybe you will have better luck, but seeing that the Army has me carrying an M9 day in and day out, so after thousands of rounds, I may be biased. Not to mention the only handgun i've ever enjoyed shooting is my 1911 and my M9.

this is the newest model, supposed to be able to fire any ammo jam free, this model was also tested in a recent magazine comparison and was one of the top 3 accuracy wise across a wide spectrum of manufacturers and price ranges.

i bought it to put some rounds through and have for home defense reasons as when i got stationed at ft riley i left all my guns in ct at my parents house

traitor08
03-03-2012, 03:19 PM
My cousin has one of those, I think the knife is blue though. He is a dealer, and I believe its only 159.99.

Anyway, I had a hi point in the 45 caliber. I traded it for a case of 40s&w for my other pistol.

trailrider894
03-03-2012, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
this is the newest model, supposed to be able to fire any ammo jam free, this model was also tested in a recent magazine comparison and was one of the top 3 accuracy wise across a wide spectrum of manufacturers and price ranges.

i bought it to put some rounds through and have for home defense reasons as when i got stationed at ft riley i left all my guns in ct at my parents house

I just hated the process of getting personal firearms on post.. Aggravating.

finsteratv
03-03-2012, 07:30 PM
I saw a new 9mm hi point at the gun store for like 146 on consignment at the gun store...How well are these things made?

finsteratv
03-03-2012, 07:46 PM
and actually 209 is reccomended price for the gun,case, and knife.

trailrider894
03-03-2012, 09:26 PM
You get what you pay for.. Unless it is the newer model, they jam a-lot and don't have very good weight distribution... very top heavy.

backwoodsracer
03-03-2012, 09:50 PM
Hi-point is a low end brand, but for some one who isn't an avid shooter it's perfect for self-defense and its not a big loss if stolen.

finsteratv
03-03-2012, 10:02 PM
Thats what i kinda thought..but was also thinking maybe get one to see if i like handguns. Rifles for shooting are more of my thing. Rifles for hunting are even more of my thing :)

extremeblastr
03-04-2012, 08:14 AM
Thats what i kinda thought..but was also thinking maybe get one to see if i like handguns. Rifles for shooting are more of my thing. Rifles for hunting are even more of my thing :)

the new ones are just as blocky and ugly as the old ones but are supposed to be a lot more reliable, suggest breakdown for cleaning isnt until 1500-2000 rounds....obviously i'll give her a basic cleaning after everytime i shoot it, but this one also comes with a lifetime material and craftsmanship warranty as long as you don't break it down beyond their suggested cleaning levels.

extremeblastr
03-04-2012, 08:19 AM
and actually 209 is reccomended price for the gun,case, and knife.

this also depends on how hard your dealer gets beat by his supplier and what the market is like in the area, these things sell like hot cakes around here the dealer i bought mine at had gotten 4 in that morning and i was the 3rd person to walk out with one that day lol. cabelas was having a sale on them recently for 189.99 but the gas cost would have put me over what i spent anyways.

finsteratv
03-04-2012, 11:54 AM
What i was saying is 246 for what you got isnt to bad of a deal out the door, didnt mean to come off as a know it all A-hole if i did. Im trying to decide if i'd want one in 9mm or 45acp..i like the looks of the 45 more but the 9mm ammo is cheaper plus higher cap.

quadrider
03-04-2012, 11:18 PM
I bought 2 of the hi point 9mm for $99 each brand new at BIG R, (a farm and ranch supply store) I keep one in the sock drawer and one in my truck, read up on how to "mod" them and they're solid gun. look at tractor supply stores to they had the 45 for $110 last month..

PV Pilot
03-09-2012, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by jaspurx
Can`t go wrong on a deal like that!!

Hey Jaspurx, Check back on to CEF for a update.

Pv Pilot
Keith