PDA

View Full Version : Question

ShawnM
03-01-2012, 11:02 AM
I bought a 07 450r lastnight over my better judgement. I heard it run and he said it had no engine mod work done, but it has two batterys. Wondering if it has has mod work done or if there is any specail reason for two batterys.
This is my first time of owning a big honda and dont know anything about quads at all. Just learning about this one and my two sons quad.

Thank u. Shawn

DnB_racing
03-01-2012, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by ShawnM
I bought a 07 450r lastnight over my better judgement. I heard it run and he said it had no engine mod work done, but it has two batterys. Wondering if it has has mod work done or if there is any specail reason for two batterys.
This is my first time of owning a big honda and dont know anything about quads at all. Just learning about this one and my two sons quad.

Thank u. Shawn usually you will find 2 batteries on quads that race dead motor starts, its a nice add-on I wouldn't worry about the 2 batteries..many run them,

but be aware the reg/rec isn't rated for a 24volt system, and a stock reg/rec will put out maximum of 18 volts, so it just cant charge both batteries no matter how its hooked up,
to adjust for this people only charge 1 battery with the reg/rec and occasionally have to put a trickle charger on the un regulated battery

ShawnM
03-01-2012, 04:08 PM
Ok that makes sense. I was hoping that you wouldnt say " couse it has higher than 13.1 compression". That is something I dont need at this time.
Thank you Im sure Ill have more quedtions as I find more things. Now I have to figure out how to change oil amf trans fluid. Lol yea Im that GREEN.

Shawn