PDA

View Full Version : Trailer for Hauling People

River Hill
03-03-2003, 12:09 PM
I am looking for a trailer that I can tow 4 people in on the back of my ATV. It is only about 1 mile from my campsite to the lake and was wondering in anyone know of a company that makes a trialer like this?

QuadTrix6
03-03-2003, 01:23 PM
i hope you got a utility :p

tants
03-03-2003, 01:39 PM
my friend bought a little tow trailer at home depo. it was pretty small but we always crammed around 4 people in it to tow em around for fun. wasnt to comfy tho... :ermm:

Pappy
03-03-2003, 01:40 PM
river hill...run over to TSC and look at what they have....several nice trailers for under $400 that will do what yer askin:)

"BLAHH"300!!
03-03-2003, 01:43 PM
this for a manual clutch bike?..not a good idea, BUT!!

do a search for a company that makes plastic trailers for lawn-mowers. to haul leaves and such in, find a good site, and e-mail them to ask if they sale anything in the size you want.
tell em' it's to haul 4 people, or camping gear. must me light weight and all that jazz...
tail gate doesn't matter. ask them if it has a rounded bottom on the front. this will make it alot easier to get over any obsticals.

if you find one decent, buy it and if you have access to a welding machine, cut off the ball hitch (or leave it what ever..still work)
then weld on a goose neck, that''ll go up high enugh to reach your grab bar. then put an end on it that'll go through the flag pole hole, and have a pin or bolt to hold it in place.

another idea,...same thing, only use a ball joint to hitch it to your grab bar hole. with it bolted in place, it'll most likely bend your grab bar. but, with a ball joint of some sort it'll work fine.
i don't know man, you might find a reall ball hitch and tounge to fit that little flag pole hole on your grab bar.

a ball joint that's a little bigger than the one on your tie-rods would work,...
just an idea man....

if you get a metal trailer, it'll prolly be too heavey, and put alot of stress on your clutch, and if there's any sand at this lake, good luck... strong plastic would be the best bet.....
i just looked and see that most sale from $200_$300 bux....

let me know if you do this, and it works

River Hill
03-03-2003, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the information.

Brian