PDA

View Full Version : CRF 450r Hybrid ex questions

450ex_project
02-29-2012, 09:56 AM
Hi , I am all curious about starting this project of an CRF450r in a 01 400ex frame .. :D
Is there any place that they sell motor mounts for this setup .. I know that ATV4play , you have to ship your frame there to get it all done and so as HREATV ..
All I want to purchase is the motor mounts and do all the welding gussets myself .
What kind of berings do you guys use for the rear bolt (swingarm-n-motor) ? I
I have seen some guys having trouble with fitting the air intake boot .. Is tha what really happens , does the carburetor end up
to low and you have to do gussets for the boot to have a space to pass through?

mirror_racing
02-29-2012, 10:54 AM
my buddy has a frame set up for the crf motor that he would sell. if you are interested i can shoot him a text and get the price

thecoon
02-29-2012, 07:31 PM
i made my front ones out of some sheet aluminum and made some upper ones to mount the stock upper crf mounts to the frame. i notched the frame by the rear shock for the air boot and regusseted the frame there . cut the boot about 2" from carb and use a peice of 2" exhaust pipe to join together needs to be about 4" long. i just used my stock 400ex rear bolt no slop up and down but im sure there is other ways to do it thats just the way i did it.

450ex_project
02-29-2012, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by mirror_racing
my buddy has a frame set up for the crf motor that he would sell. if you are interested i can shoot him a text and get the price

Does his frame comes with the motor mounts ? where is he located ? Im located in Canada Qc . It would probably cost me a sh.t load of money for the shipping . Let me know where he is loacated .. Thanks

450ex_project
02-29-2012, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by thecoon
i made my front ones out of some sheet aluminum and made some upper ones to mount the stock upper crf mounts to the frame. i notched the frame by the rear shock for the air boot and regusseted the frame there . cut the boot about 2" from carb and use a peice of 2" exhaust pipe to join together needs to be about 4" long. i just used my stock 400ex rear bolt no slop up and down but im sure there is other ways to do it thats just the way i did it.

I think thats what im gonna do , mae my own mounts unless I find someone that has some for sale .. that would only leave me with the welding part on the frame. When you say you notched the frame by the rear shock ,, it looks to me like alot of fitting , from the one that I saw on here that posted pics of it joeb2300 ..
Do you have any pics posted of your gussets for airboot ?

chronicsmoke
03-01-2012, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by 450ex_project
Does his frame comes with the motor mounts ? where is he located ? Im located in Canada Qc . It would probably cost me a sh.t load of money for the shipping . Let me know where he is loacated .. Thanks

Where are you in Quebec? I'm in Cornwall and get stuff shipped all the time to the NY State, then go and pick it up. I've saved thousands, lol

450ex_project
03-01-2012, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by chronicsmoke
Where are you in Quebec? I'm in Cornwall and get stuff shipped all the time to the NY State, then go and pick it up. I've saved thousands, lol

Im located in Saint-George de beauce , its about 3hrs and a half away from Montreal city , atleast 5 hours away from ottawa if that gives you a good idea . How long does it take you to get to NY ? For me NY it would take me about 9 hrs , 18 hrs Back-n-forth:ermm:

If I were to cross the boarders I would go to the Maine , that would be about 1 and a half away from where I live . What do you do actually ? You have a ( P.O) address in NY and get your stuff sent there and go pick it up ASAP ? Dont you pay taxes on it when you cross the boarders ?

chronicsmoke
03-01-2012, 09:54 AM
Yah you're pretty far from me.. I live on the border, so it taked me 5 minutes, lol.

There is a shop (Ship it Shop) in Massena that accepts packages for me, then emails me to let me know that they have it. I go and pick it up, pay them 3$ for holding it and claim it at customs (you'll pay a bit of duty). Unless its small then I throw it in my pocket..

There is probably a place that will hold it for you though in Maine.. Just a suggestion, shipping up here is retarded.

450ex_project
03-01-2012, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by chronicsmoke
Yah you're pretty far from me.. I live on the border, so it taked me 5 minutes, lol.

There is a shop (Ship it Shop) in Massena that accepts packages for me, then emails me to let me know that they have it. I go and pick it up, pay them 3$ for holding it and claim it at customs (you'll pay a bit of duty). Unless its small then I throw it in my pocket..

There is probably a place that will hold it for you though in Maine.. Just a suggestion, shipping up here is retarded.

Thanks Ill try to find something similar to that, in the maine .. Damn right its retarded lol.

thecoon
03-01-2012, 05:26 PM
i dont have any at this moment will take some when i get to the shop tom .

450ex_project
03-02-2012, 03:13 PM
i dont have any at this moment will take some when i get to the shop tom .

Thanks Id like to see it :D it would give me an idea of how to do mine .. What berings did you use for the Swingarm bolt ? CRF450 berings and 400ex bolt ?

thecoon
03-02-2012, 08:34 PM
forgot to get some pics whats ur email and i will send some tom for ya .

joeb2300
03-03-2012, 08:19 AM
Call atvfourplay they'll sell you all the mounts you need for around $100 if I remember right.

450ex_project
03-03-2012, 07:41 PM
forgot to get some pics whats ur email and i will send some tom for ya .

jay.vtech222@hotmail.com thanks

450ex_project
03-03-2012, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by joeb2300
Call atvfourplay they'll sell you all the mounts you need for around $100 if I remember right.

Im glad to hear that . I wrote them an e-mail but they never wrote back , I figured that they dont sell the mounts(only without frame sent to them). I havent even bought the CRf motor yet so , I was gonna wait to call them to see if they do once I have the motor purchased . One less thing to worry about dont have to make them myself . Thanks for the info
I appreciate it :D .

Any suggestion is appreciated from any one
Will I have any surprises that I have no clue about gussets ?
Ive never done a hybrid before .
Not really sure if its worth the work and $$ .
how much does that motor really pull
:blah: ??

thanks guys

thecoon
03-04-2012, 07:55 PM
i will send some pics tom when i get to my shop got busy fri and didnt get them sorry .

thecoon
03-05-2012, 08:56 PM
did u get the pics i sent ?

450ex_project
03-05-2012, 09:14 PM
did u get the pics i sent ?

Yeah thanks man , I appreciate it . I taught it would be alot omre of notching for the intake boot , I taught it was gonna worst than it really is .. thanks again

thecoon
03-05-2012, 09:35 PM
you cant tell in pic but you have to cut upper left rail move it out to the edge then reweld to clear the carb. you can use a 2" radiator hose for intake boot cut at an angle ,that will help with boot alignment. trx450,250r radiator will work well just have to make a few brackets . i cut about 1/8" off of left side of swing arm to slide motor to the left to help with chain alignment. trx450r full exhaust will work . trx450r throttle cable . i used a crf knuckle welded to a spacer with a yz250 kicker works well. like i said im sure there is other and better ways to do it but i know it works and is clean if you need any advise or any other questions just email me .:D

450ex_project
03-08-2012, 09:35 AM
you cant tell in pic but you have to cut upper left rail move it out to the edge then reweld to clear the carb. you can use a 2" radiator hose for intake boot cut at an angle ,that will help with boot alignment. trx450,250r radiator will work well just have to make a few brackets . i cut about 1/8" off of left side of swing arm to slide motor to the left to help with chain alignment. trx450r full exhaust will work . trx450r throttle cable . i used a crf knuckle welded to a spacer with a yz250 kicker works well. like i said im sure there is other and better ways to do it but i know it works and is clean if you need any advise or any other questions just email me .:D

The 450r exaust works without any mods to it ? How come you welded a CRF knuckle to a yz250 kicker , did it become shorter and prevent you from having to cut your rear plastic fender ? Thanks when I will be in the middle of the project and be confused , no doubt the questions will come to you lol :D

thecoon
03-08-2012, 09:55 AM
Trx450 exhaust fit no problems . Yz kicker is shorter and cheaper then a crf one. But still have to cut plastics a little . Use crf knuckle short peice of pipe welded to it then weld yz kicker to the otherside of pipe need a longer bolt . Yes it does not clear without an extension .