PDA

View Full Version : hipers or douglas?

lil400exman
03-03-2003, 12:09 PM
ok i am lookin at buyin a full set of either on for my quad and what all do you think its the better one i will be xc racing hard and a lil mx that stuff that xc has in it and cost isnt the biggest thing here so what do you think hipers with beadlocks all around or douglas beadlocks all around?:confused:

K_Fulk
03-03-2003, 12:37 PM
I would get the hipers .... the weight savings would be worth it alone.

tants
03-03-2003, 01:54 PM
if you got the cash go with the carbons

Ex'r Marlin
03-03-2003, 08:20 PM
If you like the shine of aluminum, obviously go with the Douglas rims. Otherwise, from my experience with the two (Douglas Ultimate Billet Beadlocks & HiPers), I would recommend the HiPers. I do not know much about MX, but I race and abuse my HiPers on XC races... And to date no problems.:) Plus they come with a one year warranty!:cool:

I could be wrong, but I think the Douglas Ultimate Billet Beadlocks and the HiPer rims are close in price.

Note: A couple of things I like about the Douglas Billet rims is that they have the countersunk lug nut holes and they hold their shine very well!:cool:

Good luck!

02Yellow400
03-03-2003, 10:07 PM
If I had the money i would definatly have the hipers on my quad.

Foxrage
03-03-2003, 10:17 PM
Well i have had them both. The hipers seemed to clean easier were more durable and had a warranty. I really like them better than any tims i ever had. But the douglas look better with ths shine and everything. so my overall would be the hipers but with little tires instead of huge ones.