PDA

View Full Version : Hiper rims

4TraxRider
03-03-2003, 11:58 AM
I was wondering if anbody has a set of the hiper carbon fiber rims. If you do, how much and where'd you get them from. How are they compared to douglas ultimates. My dealer has them for 220 a peice, but there's gotta be a better price than that.

Ex'r Marlin
03-03-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by 4TraxRider
I was wondering if anbody has a set of the hiper carbon fiber rims. How are they compared to douglas ultimates? You can get "dual" rear beadlocks on the HiPer rim, not on the Douglas Ultimate Billet Beadlocks.

Douglas Ultimate Billet rims have countersunk lug nut holes. :) HiPer rims do not.

Douglas Ultimate Billet rims hold a nice shine for a long time, HiPers do not have much of a shine.:eek:

The dual rear beadlocks on the HiPers make it easier to remove and put tires on, and the additional beadlock ring adds additional strength to the rim. I wish I had at least a reinforcement ring on the inside of the Douglas Ultimate Billet rims.

The Douglas rims (aluminum) can bend and get out of round and true. I have yet to see a HiPer rim bend and get out of round or true. (I have seen a HiPer rim break though... But was easy to replace.:) ) I have had several flat spots on my Douglas Ultimate Billet beadlocks that after removing the tires, was able to pound the flat spots out, but I have not found a way to true the rim:(

I really like my HiPers, and I also like my Douglas! The Douglas rims are still doing me good after years of punishment, and the finish still looks good. :) But I would recommend the HiPers for a couple of reasons:
One year warranty. (No other rim manufacture offers this)
Modular rims. (Can replace specific part if damaged)
Flex without bending. (At least with my experience).
& strength of the rear dual beadlocks.

Good luck!:)