PDA

View Full Version : Act Of Valor??

trailrider894
02-28-2012, 01:13 PM
Who saw it??? What were your thoughts???

jkosakowski
02-28-2012, 03:03 PM
I havent seen it but alot of people say its very good. Its also doing well at the box office.

wolfe 21
02-28-2012, 03:07 PM
yeah, I was surprised when I heard how well its doing at the box office. My local theatre is only 2 screens, so I'm still hoping & waiting it'll come here (we're just now getting ghost rider, so maybe the next week or two). Looks like it'll be pretty good.
Question though, is it more hollywood action movie or does it have kind of a hand-held documentary feel to it?

James.

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
02-28-2012, 03:29 PM
^ Neither, it's a Call of Duty feel. Lol. I thought it was great.

trailrider894
02-28-2012, 04:07 PM
Its more about selfless sacrifice than it is about any sort of plot or visual affects. I loved it, being in the military I felt that it was pretty close to realistic, well as realistic as you can get without dipping into top secret tactics/methods/equipment. I was just glad to see it ,because i felt that it addressed some issue that the public doesn't understand.

CJM
02-28-2012, 05:37 PM
I been wanting to see it, Ill probably dl it since I hate the movies cause people cant shut up when they watch one.

walker054
02-28-2012, 05:44 PM
saw last friday, liked it.

fastrnrik
02-28-2012, 06:55 PM
I saw it. It's very good. As was mentioned aboved, it's more about their sacrifice in duty than your normal, predictable Hollywood action movie.

trailrider894
02-28-2012, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by CJM
I been wanting to see it, Ill probably dl it since I hate the movies cause people cant shut up when they watch one.

Nobody is gonna be talking during this movie... Powerful stuff..

K-Dub
02-29-2012, 01:24 AM
I thought it was good enough that for the first time in my life I went back and watched a movie the second time in the theature. Plus the fact that no over paid actor that uses a stuntman got richer. Very fast paced.

trailrider894
02-29-2012, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by K-Dub
I thought it was good enough that for the first time in my life I went back and watched a movie the second time in the theature. Plus the fact that no over paid actor that uses a stuntman got richer. Very fast paced.

Exactly, I saw it 3 times!! ha ha once with my Unit, the second time with my Police Department, and once with a special lady. ha ha

muddy400EX
02-29-2012, 12:18 PM
Great movie. It's got a very real feel to it. And the action parts are awesome without making you say "ya right, that would never happen"

and the first person shots were cool too:cool:

CJM
02-29-2012, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by trailrider894
Nobody is gonna be talking during this movie... Powerful stuff..

Wish that was the case. I purposely go to see the latest showing imaginable and some stupid kid always ruins it cause they cant shut up. About the only movie that didnt happen too was at the hangover cause everyone was laughing too hard.

I rather watch it on my time at home where I know no one will interrupt or bother me.

HondaRacing83
02-29-2012, 07:20 PM
I was gonna go see it this friday, but decided to go see Project X with my buddies instead..

trailrider894
02-29-2012, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by HondaRacing83
I was gonna go see it this friday, but decided to go see Project X with my buddies instead..

Shoulda seen Act of Valor, it wouldn't be a waste of your time. BUT, project x does look pretty crazy.

honda250xrider
03-01-2012, 05:42 AM
I went and watched it last night. I thought it was ok, it was good that they showed the balance between family and country.

The dislikes- low budget film, the actors were military I beleive; in such they don't have any acting experience and one could tell rather easily, it just didn't seem moving or real in some parts. Such as the beach and surfing, their verbals just didn't sync up with the natural flow.

Overall it is worth it to go see

trailrider894
03-01-2012, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by honda250xrider
I went and watched it last night. I thought it was ok, it was good that they showed the balance between family and country.

The dislikes- low budget film, the actors were military I beleive; in such they don't have any acting experience and one could tell rather easily, it just didn't seem moving or real in some parts. Such as the beach and surfing, their verbals just didn't sync up with the natural flow.

Overall it is worth it to go see

ha ha well thats what makes it so cool, is that its not a bunch of overpayed actors using stunt doubles. They are the real thing, everything was filmed on REAL training drills. The way it should be!! It would be like asking me to act, I couldn't but i sure would try.

honda250xrider
03-01-2012, 10:10 AM
Right,

Although if I'm looking for real occurances I usually just resort to watching documentaries. The right acting can make or break a movie. IMO paid actors would have made the movie a tad better in some instances.

muddy400EX
03-01-2012, 06:37 PM
Ive heard a couple people say they thought the acting was bad. But i think it was perfect. It wasnt supposed to be popular actors PRETENDING to be soldiers, it was REAL soldiers just being themselves

The way they talk and act, is what they really say and do. They dont really need to act, just do what they normally do

Cant get more realistic than that, and thats why i loved it:cool:

ZeroLogic
03-01-2012, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by trailrider894
Exactly, I saw it 3 times!! ha ha once with my Unit, the second time with my Police Department, and once with a special lady. ha ha

What branch?

I'm going to try to see it. My buddy went to see it with his plt, I guess the guy who received the Medal of Honor in the movie was my buddys plt sgt. He went to the service and everything.

trailrider894
03-01-2012, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
What branch?

I'm going to try to see it. My buddy went to see it with his plt, I guess the guy who received the Medal of Honor in the movie was my buddys plt sgt. He went to the service and everything.

Army, Military Police. If your asking me what branch.

K-Dub
03-01-2012, 10:17 PM
I agree, one of the best things was the guys just acting normal, no actor over acting it. Just down to earth like 2 buddies talking. I thought the SEALs did a great job with their parts esp with no acting exsperience. Also thought the SEALs family's did a good job on their parts, atleast it was my understanding they were using their family's to play their familys. What would you rather have a guy handleing his weapon and action parts for real and lose a little in the speaking parts or an actor acting to know how to use his weapon and move and nail the acting part? Myself Id rather give up something in the speaking parts to have the action real as possible. Hooyah! I hope they make more movies like this. Another awesome thing is Mouse McCoy is/was a dirt bike racer, he raced the Baja 1000 in 05/06 solo. There is a film that covers part of it. Also seen mention of Arny S. doing a movie with the Bandito Brothers.