PDA

View Full Version : Any metal music fans on here?

yfzrider93
02-28-2012, 10:53 AM
Hey guys, my name is Zakk and I play drums for a band called Arrowmont. I've been a member here for years and I've been racing quads for about 7 years, most recently in the TQRA series in the Expert and Pro/Am classes. The past 2 years I've taken time off from racing and focused on other things such as my band. I figured I'd post a few links so that anyone who was interested in some new heavy music could check it out. We mix a few genres and have many influences. I like to think we are a metalcore band with elements of progressive and experimental music thrown in. I realize the screaming vocals are an instant turn off to some. This new ep we have coming out is mostly our heavier side but there is still a bit of singing. So here's a couple links where you can check out a preview for our new ep that will be available on March 13th. If you have a minute check it out, if not that's totally cool. Thanks for your time!

Arrowmont Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/arrowmontmusic)

Arrowmont Bandcamp (http://arrowmont.bandcamp.com/track/album-preview)

Wiz49
02-28-2012, 12:22 PM
I can't look at the Facebook at work and the other link seems to not work. Do yall travel down to Houston?

yfzrider93
02-28-2012, 02:01 PM
Not sure what's up with the bandcamp link. It works for me. Maybe try this one?

arrowmont bandcamp (http://arrowmont.bandcamp.com/)

We haven't traveled to Texas yet. We're based in southeast Ks and thus far we've been playing all over KS, OK and MO. We're starting to look for opportunities to play in different places though. We'd love to head down to TX! Me especially since I have so many racing friends down there.

Wiz49
02-28-2012, 03:04 PM
There is a bar in Houston called Forget About It or FBI that hosts a lot of local metal bands. I'll check you out if ya come down south. In the meantime keep rockin \m/

There is no sound on the page or music.

mcwilly
02-28-2012, 03:43 PM
We race TQRA as well.
2nd bandcamp link works for me (cant view FB at work)
Sounds good, will definitely get a copy when it comes out!
Good luck on the release!!

slightlybent47
02-28-2012, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Wiz49
There is a bar in Houston called Forget About It or FBI that hosts a lot of local metal bands. I'll check you out if ya come down south. In the meantime keep rockin \m/

There is no sound on the page or music.

Haha! My Band used to play there. Ever heard of Concussion Blue or one called Victom?

slightlybent47
02-28-2012, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by yfzrider93
Hey guys, my name is Zakk and I play drums for a band called Arrowmont. I've been a member here for years and I've been racing quads for about 7 years, most recently in the TQRA series in the Expert and Pro/Am classes. The past 2 years I've taken time off from racing and focused on other things such as my band. I figured I'd post a few links so that anyone who was interested in some new heavy music could check it out. We mix a few genres and have many influences. I like to think we are a metalcore band with elements of progressive and experimental music thrown in. I realize the screaming vocals are an instant turn off to some. This new ep we have coming out is mostly our heavier side but there is still a bit of singing. So here's a couple links where you can check out a preview for our new ep that will be available on March 13th. If you have a minute check it out, if not that's totally cool. Thanks for your time!

Arrowmont Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/arrowmontmusic)

Arrowmont Bandcamp (http://arrowmont.bandcamp.com/track/album-preview)

I’m a big fan of metal, have been since its inception. But the problem I have with much of the type of metal you guys do is that it all starts sounding the same. It’s like a never ending song, it just keeps repeating itself.
When a song starts out hard and never changes it just doesn’t seem to go anywhere and becomes redundant.
I understand it’s an anger outlet and I can hear the rage in the vocals but I prefer a song that changes texture and tempo with both hard and soft parts in it. for me I like a bluesy/rock feel to them more then the supper heavy screaming all the time. Give me some vocals I can sing to with some heavy parts in it that I can jam to.
I can appreciate the effort but I can do with out a lot of the screaming.

yfzrider93
02-29-2012, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by slightlybent47
I’m a big fan of metal, have been since its inception. But the problem I have with much of the type of metal you guys do is that it all starts sounding the same. It’s like a never ending song, it just keeps repeating itself.
When a song starts out hard and never changes it just doesn’t seem to go anywhere and becomes redundant.
I understand it’s an anger outlet and I can hear the rage in the vocals but I prefer a song that changes texture and tempo with both hard and soft parts in it. for me I like a bluesy/rock feel to them more then the supper heavy screaming all the time. Give me some vocals I can sing to with some heavy parts in it that I can jam to.
I can appreciate the effort but I can do with out a lot of the screaming.

I totally see what you're saying man. I feel the same way about a lot of music coming out these days, just sounds like 50 bands playing the same song. We try so hard to keep from doing that. Most of our songs have multiple tempo changes and time signature changes which add texture but I agree, in 2 of the 4 songs on this new ep the focus is on heaviness and there is an abundance of screaming. There is one song that will be on it that I feel has the most catchy singing parts we've done yet and to be honest we're most excited about that song because of it. We love sing along parts and melody just as much or more than the heavy stuff. Thanks a lot for your input!

yfzrider93
02-29-2012, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by mcwilly
We race TQRA as well.
2nd bandcamp link works for me (cant view FB at work)
Sounds good, will definitely get a copy when it comes out!
Good luck on the release!!

Thanks so much! I am close to being done with a new bike to ride this year so I may see you at a few races. I'm going to try to go to a few with my cousin Alec Gaut. Pretty sure you guys know each other. Thanks again!

Wiz49
02-29-2012, 10:55 AM
I didn't picture you as a Rocker 47. The only band I've seen at FBI is the Velrcro Pygmies which is a throwback hair band but if you get a chance to see them they put on a hell of a show. I've been at the bar at FBI and heard some death metal bands playing on the other side but never went because the old lady isn't big into metal. \m/:devil: \m/

mcwilly
02-29-2012, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by yfzrider93
I'm going to try to go to a few with my cousin Alec Gaut. Pretty sure you guys know each other. Thanks again!

last time I saw him, I kicked his @$$ at beer pong :D

Will the ep be online only? iTunes? Stores?

slightlybent47
02-29-2012, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Wiz49
I didn't picture you as a Rocker 47. The only band I've seen at FBI is the Velrcro Pygmies which is a throwback hair band but if you get a chance to see them they put on a hell of a show. I've been at the bar at FBI and heard some death metal bands playing on the other side but never went because the old lady isn't big into metal. \m/:devil: \m/

Peel an onion and there’s lots of layers.lol

I don’t mix anymore and most of the guys in concussion blue are all in other bands these days but they do still play out every now and then. I use to do the sound at Cardies years ago. I’ve been away from it for awhile but I still go watch them every now and then.
All my extra time and money go toward riding and racing these days.

yfzrider93
03-02-2012, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by mcwilly
last time I saw him, I kicked his @$$ at beer pong :D

Will the ep be online only? iTunes? Stores?

Haha! I'll have to ask him about that one. It will for sure be available on our bandcamp on March 13th. We're going to try to get it on itunes. Just waiting on some of our copyrights on the songs to be finalized and of course we'll be selling hard copys at shows.