PDA

View Full Version : No riding on your own property?

88redrocket
02-27-2012, 03:33 PM
This saddens me. What a bunch of no good yuppies

http://thegranbys.patch.com/articles/to-dirt-bike-or-not-to-dirt-bike-in-granby-that-is-the-question

jkosakowski
02-27-2012, 03:58 PM
Thats not right its your property do what you want but just be respect full of your neighbors.

traitor08
02-27-2012, 04:36 PM
Neighbors need to respect you to. This isn't respectful to him. Set up times that its ok.

Drfat400ex
02-27-2012, 04:51 PM
Well, I would be egging that dink's house everyday if I was that kid!!

jkosakowski
02-27-2012, 05:08 PM
Haha luckily my neighbors are in theier 70s and think its intresting watching me lol. :D Also I agree with you traitor.

Thomas440
02-27-2012, 05:23 PM
makes me really appreciate my neighbors ahah.

HondaRacing83
02-27-2012, 06:04 PM
i would freak out. reading this pisses me off!!

88redrocket
02-27-2012, 06:09 PM
Atleast this kids mom is on the ball

"Tracy Cavaciuti also made the point that her property could be leased to a farm company, which would generate a lot more noise when working the land than one dirt bike ridden by a child.

“You want to see noise? You can do whatever you want with farm equipment,” Tracy Cavaciuti said. “Part of me just wants to say, ‘Don’t poke the bear. Just leave me alone.’”

capecod400ex
02-27-2012, 06:37 PM
They tried this in my town, zoning atvs to "only commercially zoned areas" people freeaked including people on the zoning board that used ATVs on there farms. the resident that drafted the purposed bylaw went out the back door.......Dont think he was ready to have 50+ angry riders show up

CJM
02-27-2012, 07:55 PM
My town has ordinances on the books about off road vehicle use. basically unless you own 3 or more acres and your riding area is not within 50 feet of the road your ok. Shame I only have 1.5 acres. But the police only came once thanks to an arse of a neighbor who complains about everything. We fixed that guys wagon anyways, ever wonder what it sounds like to mow the lawn at 7am saturday, then landscape your entire property over and over every weekend? All within the law too.

89trx250r
02-27-2012, 08:32 PM
Yup people are just becoming bigger and bigger scumbags...I had my neighbors this past summer call the cops on me and a buddy for us riding my practice track in MY BACK YARD...We have 5 acres...Needless to say the cop came and said you can do whatever you want you own the land you can shoot guns ride quads anything I want as long as its before dark and its legal :) Needless to say those people dont even come out of there house anymore cause of there anger...

dxcody
02-27-2012, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by CJM
My town has ordinances on the books about off road vehicle use. basically unless you own 3 or more acres and your riding area is not within 50 feet of the road your ok. Shame I only have 1.5 acres. But the police only came once thanks to an arse of a neighbor who complains about everything. We fixed that guys wagon anyways, ever wonder what it sounds like to mow the lawn at 7am saturday, then landscape your entire property over and over every weekend? All within the law too.

My neighbor when i lived in a town about an hour from where i live now... He seriously (not kiddding) complained that "We were getting dust on his flowers.." So he called the cops usually 2-3 times a day.. The cops usually showed up about... 1 or 2 times a week.

After the idiot had called the cops about a million times, one cop actually invites us to go ride at his house whenever we want so this guy would quit b*tching... We never went and rode out there but it was funny to see my neighbor out there with a leaf blower "dusting" his flowers, and giving us dirty looks and shaking his head.. Boy we had fun with that guy haha

Of course it didnt help that me and my friends were like 13 and kocky as h*ll.. Im much calmer now.

buck440
02-28-2012, 05:36 AM
i have to agree with the kids neighbors on this one. while it is their property the noise goes beyond it. got to be respectful of others too.

Wiz49
02-28-2012, 09:38 AM
We had a race at a local track that was backed up by a residential area and we had the cops called on us by the neighboring community for the dust and the noise. The dust was almost unbearable so it made the cheap *** track owner throw some water on it for us.

How many freedoms are we going to let the government take from us before people unite and say enough is enough?

Lasher
02-28-2012, 10:13 AM
I live in CT, in a small rural neighborhood (2-3 acre plots). When we moved in I road our quads around the yard a couple hours on the weekend once in a while. No one ever complained. Or course the quads were 2 strokes and the noise was too bad.

When my oldest built a 4 stroke quad for racing, it was really loud. So loud that I told him, "Joy riding for hours is now out." Not because some one complained, but rather out of respect. Sure once in a blue moon we will rip around the yard for a few.

Oh...the neighbor down the road (state trooper) brought his son a dirt bike and this kid rides across my yard to get to a friends (he asked permission). A couple houses up from me, they got dirt bikes. And just recently, there are a couple quads riding around in the woods behind my house (designated open land).

Would I ever call the cops on my neighbors...heck no.

And to those people in Granby with the kid, I would gladly lend them my rotor tiller. That thing (stock muffler) is loud and they can spend all day "tilling" their fields!

blaster99
02-28-2012, 10:28 AM
In West Springfield I have gotten a cease and desist order from riding in my own yard. Its pathetic. This happened to me when I was riding a stock blaster! Pretty soon we wont even be allowed to own an ATV or Motorcycle in Mass.

Wiz49
02-28-2012, 10:31 AM
Exactly my point. Since when did neighbors not just come over and say directly...hey man can you not ride all day everyday instead of immediately calling the cops. Most people are respectful when you allow them to be. Same thing happened when my friend was shooting a shotgun on 40 acres and the neighbor immediately called the cops instead of just walking over and say you mind not blasting a shotgun all day long.

89trx250r
02-28-2012, 10:41 AM
Haha in past experience ive found when your shooting a gun most people wont come over and confront you they will just call the cops...Idk if they think your going to shoot them over a simple talk but hey who knows...

kono993
02-28-2012, 11:05 AM
i ride on my friends sod farm and the cops can pull up to the end of the driveway but cant come on the land at us becaues we are allowed to be there. i love when the laws on your side! but i do feel really bad about all you guys that have to put up with this bs. respect is a 2 way steet gota give it to get it people just dont get it we can make are neighbors life a living hell when we are haveing a ***** load of fun haha makes no difference to me.

kono993
02-28-2012, 11:10 AM

extremeblastr
02-28-2012, 04:17 PM
being a ct resident the most disturbing part of this story to me is that ct makes it damn near impossible to open a track, and its going on i believe over 20 years now that they dot is supposed to set aside $3,000,000 a year to create legal riding areas such as trails and what not for orv use including dirtbikes and atvs and yet over that time period not a dime has been spent and there is no public land where riding is allowed....

kono993
02-28-2012, 06:12 PM
Yet again getting screwed out of tax money no surprise there