PDA

View Full Version : Billet Aluminum intake manifold?

atvrider13
02-26-2012, 06:48 PM
I remember awhile ago somebody was selling these 400ex aluminum intake manifolds. Do these help? I dont remember what they were like. If they were bigger? Flowed better? Or ? Do they still make these? Where can you get one?

Stickman400
02-26-2012, 08:10 PM
I know a member on here was thinking about making one for a 400 and wanted to see if anyone on here would be interested in buying one. But as far as I know there isn't any custom or aftermarket ones to be found for a 400.

atvrider13
02-26-2012, 09:18 PM
I remember years ago somebody used to sell them on ebay. But cant find em now

atvrider13
07-16-2012, 07:43 PM
Anybody?

JOHNDOE83
07-16-2012, 11:43 PM
In theory if you had a thin alluminum intake manifold, thinner then the stock rubber one.

It would essentially work like a clean up port job, possibly even better. If you already had a good port job, in theory it would add to that extra airflow and gass mixture and create extra HP.

Im sure it work's for more HP, whether or not its worthy to spend that kinda money for that lil gain is better left to individual opinon.

If they were readily available I probally would have bought one by now, not only would it look good but it would serve its purpose.

They do sell billet alluminum intakes though, just not the manifolds from what Ive seen.