PDA

View Full Version : Anyone taking creatine?

Nausty
03-03-2003, 02:21 AM
Well racing season is coming up and I figure its time to get in shape. So basically i've been reading up on it and wanted some other peoples opinions on it. From what it sounds like its pretty good and most people in sports seem to be taking it because you burn fat, build more muscle and your muscles repair faster and I just wanted to know your guys opinions and input on the idea. Also does anyone have any suggestions on what brand to take or if it really matters?

D-4our
03-03-2003, 02:24 AM
i would strongly suggest creatine, oh and myoplex is a good protien drink. Speaking of which, im off schedule, i gtta hit the bench.:macho :macho

03-03-2003, 02:26 AM
does that stuff shrink your nuts?

hmm if i sit on my *** will it turn my fat into muscle or do u have to work out? that would be awesome to get muscle by doin nothing

trueblue450
03-03-2003, 02:27 AM
haha.. our school banned that stuff. It just makes you very dehydrated. But it does give you energy. It only really helps if you do something with it. Like a lifting program. But yeah.

toby400ex
03-03-2003, 02:28 AM
i heard that all it does is make your muscles retain water and it makes them look bigger, which then makes you have a bigger ego , then you lift more wieghts and get stronger:confused:

Nausty
03-03-2003, 02:29 AM
yeah I lift, don't drink pop and drink lots of water. The reason I wanna take it is just that way I don't have to worry about overtraining as much and so I can see quicker results. I don't care how big my muscles look but I guess its kinda a plus. I just wanna be able to be over all stronger and in better shape.

D-4our
03-03-2003, 02:31 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by freeride132
[B]does that stuff shrink your nuts?

geheeze no, and if it did then it would only be temparary.

toby400ex
03-03-2003, 02:32 AM
i need to lift more and run more and ride more.. then i would be faster. Right now i can lift more, but the others are a bit harder to do:(

Nausty
03-03-2003, 02:33 AM
lol, its the running part that gets me. I'm fat and lazy, its easy sitting on a bench lifting weights but running in the cold:o

03-03-2003, 02:34 AM
I have experience with with creatine and i dont suggest it. If you take too much you'll start to get bad cramps. I took it and when i would play football, i would get cramps in my legs and stuff all the time. I would take Cell-tech and Nitro-tech. Take em together and you'll see great results.

D-4our
03-03-2003, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by toby400ex
i need to lift more and run more and ride more.. then i would be faster. Right now i can lift more, but the others are a bit harder to do:(
Thats exactly what i need to do.:macho

Nausty
03-03-2003, 02:36 AM
how much did you take after the loading phase? From what I understood you should only take about 5mg a day.

FourFiftyFour
03-03-2003, 02:37 AM
I ran in nationals for track and cross country.. but they ran us on asphalt for cross country and it gave me the worst shin splints... now i cant do much running on hard surfaces... i have flat feet which tears up my ligaments in my ankle if i overdo any running.. its a shame, i was 5th in the nation in the 300m hurdles and 17th in cross country my senior yr.... now the only way i can really stay in shape for ridin.. is simply ride as much as i possibly can... and thats the best way... tho runnin and liftin weights and eatin healthy help also, but ridin is the #1 thing that helps

Dave400ex
03-03-2003, 02:39 AM
You don't need that crap just eat right, drink some protein, and lift weights. I never took anything even protein and still benched 285 as an 8th grader. For a lifting program go to www.biggerfasterstronger.com

trueblue450
03-03-2003, 02:45 AM
Yeah the key to loosin wieght and gaining muslces is to get off your A## and WORK..

Dave400ex
03-03-2003, 02:51 AM
Well I myself don't think those products help as much as they say, they are expensive, and as you can tell have side effects. My older brother was taking some stuff and he was always in a bad mood when he took that crap. You can take it if you want, but you don't need it. Heck I was All American on all the 9th grade BFS lifts as an 8th grader. It just takes time. Power Cleans are a great all around lift I suggest doing them...

Dave400ex
03-03-2003, 02:52 AM
Here...

JustRace
03-03-2003, 03:09 AM
Also that stuff is hard on your kidneys. The stuff that shrinks your nutz is anabolical steroids. I think that is the right stuff :confused: Like animal stack. Also make sure to read the warning labels on anything. My advice is to do it the natural way, just get off your ***. I weighed 228lbs two years ago and now i weigh 166lbs. I did it by just good ol exercise. I lift weights for 3 hours on mondays, wednesdays and fridays. Then after the 3 hours of lifting i run for a half an hour.

Nausty
03-03-2003, 04:01 AM
yah, I spose you all are right I should pry just do it the nautural way.

cotttonwoody
03-03-2003, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by 250xChick
I ran in nationals for track and cross country.. but they ran us on asphalt for cross country and it gave me the worst shin splints... now i cant do much running on hard surfaces... i have flat feet which tears up my ligaments in my ankle if i overdo any running.

What are shin splints? I think i get them from running on the treadmill. My inner front part of my shin hurts after running a few miles. Are those shin splints? Is the premenat or what? I got flat feet too but i dont have troubles with my ankles. I am trying to get in shape for basic train and i dont want to F anything up

Guy400
03-03-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by JustRace
Also that stuff is hard on your kidneys. That's exactly right. Creatine is very hard on kidneys as is excessive protein. The kidney's can only process so much protein and excessive amounts will damage the kidneys over time. People who believe that because GNC sells the it that it must be safe are wrong. These companies loophole the FDA and sell it over-the-counter and the drugs have never been tested for approval. There have been numerous drugs taken off GNC's shelves after several deaths. Remember, creatine is a relatively new drug and it's long term effects are not fully known yet.

Sparks425Ex
03-03-2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by 400exracer
I have experience with with creatine and i dont suggest it. If you take too much you'll start to get bad cramps. I took it and when i would play football, i would get cramps in my legs and stuff all the time. I would take Cell-tech and Nitro-tech. Take em together and you'll see great results.

Nitro Tech Is nuttin but protein that is over priced and Cell Tech is Creatine. LOL You were taking it..

Heres the Deal. I lift as a second hobby to Quads. I have been lifting for about 5 years straight. Just starting you should only use Protien(Don't go and buy Nitro Tech) Nitro Tech is nuttin but Protein. They claim to be big and better but they are ajust a waste fo money. Save your money and get a 4 lb jug of Whey Protein. That will do ya just fine.. After about a month of working out 3 days a week with taking protein after every workout and One when you wake up in the morning get some Creatin. Any type of creatin will do. As for Cell Tech- It is Creatine. Thats it. Just like all other creatins. Don't believe what you hear about Cell and Nitro Tech. They are just as simple as everything else. Just paying for the name.

As for Kidneys:

Yes Creatin is hard for your Kidneys. They can only handle so much at one time. That means do not fluctuate in doeses. You must train your kidneys to handle the amount you give it. Your body get the creatin you give it plus the stuff it makes. THATS ALOT TO HANDLE!!!

When To Take Creatin:

If you plan on working out(Like Me) On a regualer Basis and No stopping. I am talkin like years. If you plan on working out for 1years to come on a regualr basis then it is a good idea. If you plan on working out every time ya feel like it. Or just up until race season then stopping then I highly recommend you do not take it. Creatin does not work well with fluctuative doeses. It will plain out not work if you take it every once in a while and work out just whenever. If you start working out with it and decide a few months later you don;t want to work out anymore. Expect your maxes in Benching, Leg Press , Squats, Pull Downs, Bent Rows, Leg Curls and Curls to Dramaticlly Decrease. Do to the fact you will be starving your muscles of Creatin they are used to therefore they do not perform half as good. Then they will just start to lose everything that was gained using Creatin Up to a Certain point...

Protein is Highly recommended by myself. Works great, Anyone can use it, Will not harm you in any way. And can be taken when ever you dewcide to work out...

tants
03-03-2003, 01:53 PM
all it does it add more fluids to your muscle, which means faster repair of muscle tissue. if you dont drink enough water with it you get dehydrated.

Lunatic929
03-03-2003, 02:08 PM
Just Remember that everyhting that you put into your body has some kind of adverse affect on it!!!
I mean everything, some of the affects are minute, and some are not...
Some supplements make you piss more, some make you retain water, some give cramps, etc...
Just make sure you read all the information you can on anything you might use, and with anything use caution...

speedy400
03-03-2003, 03:05 PM
JUST RIDE MORE IF YOU RIDE HARD ENOUGH YOU'LL GET BACK INTO SHAPE IN NO TIME! IT'LL HELP YOUR EXPERIANCE TOO!!-darren

Dave400ex
03-03-2003, 03:27 PM
For you guys that lift what is some of your max outs on Bench, Squat, and Cleans?

blondie69
03-03-2003, 05:50 PM
man.........i don't take anything to help muscles......i just get abs and biceps from working.....and no i don't have big ugly biceps i just have firm ones and i don't got like a big ugly abs, my stomach is just toned and u can see the lines:p Even though i used to work out and i used to take some ****, but i can't remember what it is, but i don't any more:ermm: all well :D

DGR Designs
03-03-2003, 06:28 PM
yea that stuff works quite well i think i have been using it for a good upper body workout and it is working and last time i checked, my nut sack had not gotten ay smaller nor the package it carried.

JustRace
03-03-2003, 10:27 PM
I don't do max on stuff. I am still doing a lot of reps and stuff. I don't do squats because the weight on my shoulders hurts my back.

I usually do 4 sets of 8 reps. So today i lifted for two and a half hours then i ran for 45 minutes.

mrusk
03-03-2003, 10:37 PM
Uh i bench 205. I am on a new program now and i am making improvements. I lifted for awhile and made no improvements. Now i work my chest hard mondays and fridays. Bench, incline, decline, flys and falt dumbell bench. It seems to be working good.

I can't swat that much because i neverr worked my legs much. But now i am starting to work them alot before i start looking like a ostragh.

matt

toby400ex
03-03-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by 250xChick
I ran in nationals for track and cross country.. but they ran us on asphalt for cross country and it gave me the worst shin splints... now i cant do much running on hard surfaces... i have flat feet which tears up my ligaments in my ankle if i overdo any running.. its a shame, i was 5th in the nation in the 300m hurdles and 17th in cross country my senior yr.... now the only way i can really stay in shape for ridin.. is simply ride as much as i possibly can... and thats the best way... tho runnin and liftin weights and eatin healthy help also, but ridin is the #1 thing that helps
My feet are so flat that i dont think they would except me in the army.:mad:

Dave400ex
03-04-2003, 10:22 PM
My goal right now is to bench 300 or more by the end of the school year because I guess in the last 18 years or something only 2 freshmen have benched over 300...

JustRace
03-04-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by WarriorMan
My goal right now is to bench 300 or more by the end of the school year because I guess in the last 18 years or something only 2 freshmen have benched over 300...

Your talking about just at your school right?

305 bench my freshman year, i have no idea where those mucles are because i can no longer do it. lol

I was a 191lbs and 5'11" my freshman year.

Dave400ex
03-04-2003, 10:41 PM
Yeah that's just my schools records. I did 285 last year as an 8th grader and just did 255 last week. Once you get so high on bench it takes you a while to gain. Right now I am 6'0 and 205. With track season starting a few weeks ago I hope to get down to 195. 305 is awesome though. How much did you clean freshmen year?

Derek
03-04-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by 400exracer

I would also strongly suggest Cell-Tech and Nitro-Tech:macho

tants
03-04-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Derek
I would also strongly suggest Cell-Tech and Nitro-Tech:macho

i wouldnt recondmend any of that crap. you wanna get big do it the real way. drink lots of water and take some normal protien powder

Derek
03-04-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by tants
i wouldnt recondmend any of that crap. you wanna get big do it the real way. drink lots of water and take some normal protien powder

Nitro-Tech is protein powder and cell tech is creatine......i take it but take half the dosage of the creatine...nothing but good thing for sports and the body.

JustRace
03-04-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by WarriorMan
Yeah that's just my schools records. I did 285 last year as an 8th grader and just did 255 last week. Once you get so high on bench it takes you a while to gain. Right now I am 6'0 and 205. With track season starting a few weeks ago I hope to get down to 195. 305 is awesome though. How much did you clean freshmen year?

I don't know, i wasn't majorly into lifting, it was just because of football that i did the 305lbs. After my freshman year i quit lifting. Right now i'm working my way back up though, but i only weigh 166lbs. I haven't been doing the bench press though. I dislocated my left shoulder while doing it this past summer when i was just warming up.

So right now i am doing the dumb bell press. I do 4 sets of 8 reps with 75lbs. I have to build my muscles back up since its been about 4/5 years since i lifted.

I'm thinking about starting protien and glutemene. I think that is the right stuff.

stocktires
03-04-2003, 11:56 PM
I didnt read the whole thread...

Im always for going all natural. But When taking creatin, you need to drink like a gallon of water everyday, and work out everyother day. I believe it seriously dangers your kidneys or liver

And when training for mx, you DONT want to be extremely muscular, you want more muscle tone and keeping a heatly diet.

Lunatic929
03-06-2003, 05:56 AM
I don't know about most of the people posting in here, but I never took anything while I was lifting back in High School or the 12 yrs. since I have been out!! The only way to build strength and keep it is to be natural... My Senior Year of High School I maxed out at 325 lbs. for 3 reps, I was lucky due to the fact my football team had a great gym at the Staduim where we played at... I was only 5'10'' and 185 lbs at 18, at 30 I am 5'10'' and 235 lbs. Nutrition plays a key role in any kind of program you are in!!!
If you don't take in the necessary nutrients in, you can't properly gain or develop the Muscle you desire... While bodybuilding you must take in same amount of Protein in grams as the weight of your body just to maintain the weight you are at...
Well I think I have rambled enough, I hope I haven't put anybody to sleep!! LOL

XANDADA
03-06-2003, 06:42 AM
When I used to work out, mega protein shakes, chromium picolinate & a good multivitamin. I have since switched to barley & hops but the results aren't quite as good:confused2 . Good luck to ya...

Lunatic929
03-06-2003, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by XANDADA
When I used to work out, mega protein shakes, chromium picolinate & a good multivitamin. I have since switched to barley & hops but the results aren't quite as good:confused2 . Good luck to ya...

LOL LOL

:D :D

ChadEXer
03-06-2003, 01:44 PM
I completely agree with WarroirMan here. Natural is the only way to do it. Leave all that creatine and junk at the expensive ***** supplement stores. The only thing that I take and will ever take is Protein. I take Designer Whey usually 2 times a day. With my diet, thats not too much protein but its plenty enough to help your musles grow. Right now I am 5'11 and I weight 200lbs, so with very little body fat I am in pretty good shape but my goal is to be 230lbs. I am very blessed in that I gain muscle very fast. I went from 160lbs 2 years ago to what I am now. I am in the gym every day. I do Cardio on Mon,Wed, Fri,Sat(we play a lot of basketball on those days too) and weight train on Tue,Thur, and Sun. I eat mainly poultry,fish,steak,eggs and all the other things that are high in protein and low in fat. Some people say to gain muscle you need to eat eat eat(even fatty foods), but you will not be "cut" doing it that way,,,yes your muscles will get big but you will still have that layer of fat over them. I eat usually around 6 meals a day that are healthy. And I constanly have a bottle of water with me. This seems to be working very good for me!
Its kind of funny that 2 of my favorite hobbies work against each other,,,Being that I mostly compete in drag racing, most guys want to be a light as possible, but here I am gaining weight. I mean look at what most of us will do to our quad to shave off 1 pound!!! Then Im constantly adding to myself. Thats why I had to get more power out of my quad for every pound I gain,,,,,when building it,I went ahead and planned for the future too:D