PDA

View Full Version : Help!

kenziedad
02-26-2012, 05:35 PM
I'm in over my head and drowning fast! My daughter has been racing in Ky and now she wants to run the nats. By no means am i a genius but not a dummy either. I need to build a 50 from the ground up because I know one off the shelf is never gonna keep up. Problem #1 not sure what class to run her in she is 8. Problem #2 don't know what motor, piston, etc... we have been running a drr and kind of like them. Problem #3 I'm working in Harrisonburg Va. I really need some one who knows the rules and whats going on to give me a hand/information on what I need and what I need to do besides get away from these cvt's lol We wanna try to make the first round if we can.... If anyone can help me please.... the path that I was taking has seemed to hit a dead end.

thequadfather+2
02-26-2012, 06:37 PM
If you are planning on running a 50 then 50CVT will be the class she will need to run in. It is a 50 class that is modded, there will be a couple young guns in that class that can rip it up and you will also have several kids learning the ropes.

there are several rules you need to be aware of and the best place to start is to call your vendor (Marc Smith at Hot Quads, Justin at MAX RPM, Gary at G-Force or Rich at Hetrick) Just to name a few....They will tell you what you need and hopefully keep you from spending unnecessary money. You can run that class and have fun without going crazy with mods on the quad.

Kill switch with tether hooked to the rider, number plate for front and rear, transponder you get at the track, AMA card (you can also get at the track). Show up, have fun...Be there for Friday practice if possible.....

kenziedad
02-26-2012, 06:53 PM
do you happen to have any contact info for any of these people

yellowbike44
02-26-2012, 08:22 PM
for the rules check the atva rule book at the ama site or go to quad national website i think its atvmx.com

desratt
02-26-2012, 10:09 PM
How big is your wallet? Get a cobra.. and the vendors know the rules inside and out. I have used g force and hetrick for my drr stuff and heath for my new cobra.

jake55
02-27-2012, 05:10 AM
Hetrick Racing: 814-676-0477

DAVYS DAD
02-27-2012, 11:04 AM
Sent you a P.M.

selbygirl
02-27-2012, 02:26 PM
you may just want to start her in the 70 class . in the long run it may save you some bucks . you can google ama rules , that will tell you all the rules of racing . plus there is cut off date for the age i think its jan 20 of the racing year

thequadfather+2
02-27-2012, 05:35 PM
As you can see there are many opinions. I wouldn't go crazy just yet. Fix the 50 you have now and let her have fun. You don't need a cobra or a bigger bike, take what you have now put on a cylinder, pipe, clutch and go have fun. The 70 class is full of fast kids and high dollar quads, the 90 class is the same way. Those classes have large numbers and it may be tough to even make the race.

We ran our first national at pell city on a sport-pro cylinder, pcs pipe and stock shocks. We qualified on Saturday and raced on Sunday....Brady had a blast. Went to Bowling Green the following week and then Lorettas at the end of the year. After that we had an idea of what we wanted to do and what it would take to do it.

Now this is just my opinion but you don't have to jump in head first until you have a try at it first. We have ran a Cobra, a 50cc DRR, 70cc DRR, 90cc DRR and a 90cc Apex.

You said she is 8 years old and you already have a 50.....You are probably closer than you think to being ready.

Just my opinion.

Just Google the vendors and it will take you to their websites.

As for the rules...read them but keep it simple. Don't alter the frame, gussets only. Number plates, kill tether, standard rider safety gear you probably already use.