PDA

View Full Version : big problem on mild built engine

01boneless
02-26-2012, 02:28 PM
ok so here is were im at PLEASE if u know help me! i got the piston cylinder head and cam on . i set the carrier in (lobes slanted slightly up and facing back) at TDC i put the sproket on the cam chain (wiseco hd) and i have to FORCE it up on the cam flange. and the chain is so tight u can even budge it and the motor can not be rotaded by hand . idk what to do. its not decked,running 3 layer gasket,hc stg 2,12:0:1 piston and +1 exhaust valves. sorry if i spelled anything wrong im pissed and cant type the best with oily hands lol

DnB_racing
02-26-2012, 03:03 PM
make sure all the cam chain guides are in there proper location, and move freely, and that the chain isn't bound up on the lower crank gear, and the chain tension er is backed all the way out allowing the guides to be released... if its still way too tight I would guess they gave you the wrong length chain

also make sure your cam tower is actually seated all the way down and not hung up on on of the oil passage sleeves

01boneless
02-26-2012, 04:15 PM
^^^^ for the 1 thousandth time dnb saved me again haha my mechanic actully put the yellow guide in upside down :huh belive me he feals like a moron haha

DnB_racing
02-26-2012, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by 01boneless
^^^^ for the 1 thousandth time dnb saved me again haha my mechanic actully put the yellow guide in upside down :huh belive me he feals like a moron haha LOL believe me Ive made many stupid mistakes myself... any stupid mistake Ive probably done it,,,

you learn a lot more if it doesnt go smooth, just think how well you know those parts now:blah:

01boneless
02-26-2012, 07:41 PM
hah that is very true! look in my rebuild thread tomarrow and the next day i will have finished pics