PDA

View Full Version : big problem on mild built engine

01boneless
02-26-2012, 02:18 PM
ok so here is were im at PLEASE if u know help me! i got the piston cylinder head and cam on . i set the carrier in (lobes slanted slightly up and facing back) at TDC i put the sproket on the cam chain (wiseco hd) and i have to FORCE it up on the cam flange. and the chain is so tight u can even budge it and the motor can not be rotaded by hand . idk what to do. its not decked,running 3 layer gasket,hc stg 2,12:0:1 piston and +1 exhaust valves. sorry if i spelled anything wrong im pissed and cant type the best with oily hands lol

arens310r
02-26-2012, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by 01boneless
ok so here is were im at PLEASE if u know help me! i got the piston cylinder head and cam on . i set the carrier in (lobes slanted slightly up and facing back) at TDC i put the sproket on the cam chain (wiseco hd) and i have to FORCE it up on the cam flange. and the chain is so tight u can even budge it and the motor can not be rotaded by hand . idk what to do. its not decked,running 3 layer gasket,hc stg 2,12:0:1 piston and +1 exhaust valves. sorry if i spelled anything wrong im pissed and cant type the best with oily hands lol Is the cam tensioner in or out of the cly. ?
Maybe a bad cam tensioner pushing on the chain to far out.
Just a thought

fastredrider44
02-27-2012, 08:27 AM
Yeah, your tensioner. Is it still out? I don't even put mine back in until I set the timing.

01boneless
02-27-2012, 09:59 AM
we got it fixed it was one of the guides in upside down :huh