PDA

View Full Version : new quad?

400exrules
03-03-2003, 02:02 AM
ok, im gettin tired of waitin on my parents to get enough money to help me buy a 400ex so i decided im gonna pay for it all by myself. After hearing Lrd Mx400ex say he payed for his quad himself, (hes my age) its made me get motivated and want to do the same. OK so i have $500 somethin dollars in the bank and my dad owes me like $250 for workin with his construction business thing. Would this be enough to go ahead and buy a stock 400ex, cuz i plan on doin chores and any work i can to come up with the monthly payments and it seems that with that money in the bank i would be covered if i got behind on a few payments. And i would get about $15-$20 a week for chores and a month that would be $80. Ive seen some ads and they were around $60 a month for a 400ex. OK so just gimme your opinions and ideas and the monthly payment price for the 400ex.

thanks,
Cody

toby400ex
03-03-2003, 02:43 AM
well, if thats what you wanna do and you think you will be able to make the payments go ahead. I bought my first quad when i was 12 from lawn mowing money. Its always better to own the quad and not have parents buy it. That way they dont have as much say with what you do with, or too it. And then you wont be "one of those kids".:D

hessianmx111
03-03-2003, 02:54 AM
my mom and dad did buy my bike and they dont care what i do with or to it theyre just glad that they aint got to listen to me beg every day and dont think im some rich boy cause im far from it if i was rich my bike would be far more modded and i would have a quad by now

crap-banshee32
03-03-2003, 10:03 AM
get a 400, youll like it better in the long run

400exTN
03-03-2003, 07:08 PM
Cody,

Here's a few questions you need to consider before seriously deciding on what to do. Do you have your parents approval to buy a quad, no matter if you buy it or they help? Are they willing to cosign? Where can you ride? Do you have someone else to ride with? How often can you ride? I believe you said your 15. How will you transport your quad?

Now taking the situation you explained. You have 500 in the bank and can make about 80 per month through various means. Most finace companies will like to see a down payment or collateral. Quads are considered a luxury item to most finance companies. I think it's going to be difficult to finace a quad on your own at 15 without a cosignor. If you put the 500 down, you will not have any funds to fall back on it time of emergency. I have a friend whom recently purchased a 2002 400ex for 4999 and has a payment of approx. 115. I'm not trying to discourage you from getting your quad. Just some things you need to consider.

Ralph
03-03-2003, 07:16 PM
i bought my quad with a 1000$ down

then i worked 2500 over the summer and payed it off untill may 2003 and bought mods along with additional money that i had. no im fxing/reselling a quad and make some money off of that. im going to get into powdercoating and my parents are covering 2 paymetns for my b-day(thats all im getting)

400exrules
03-03-2003, 07:54 PM
thanks. My parents are totally ok with me owning a quadi think my dad kinda wants me to get a dirtbike but there both ok with the quad deal since they take me to the races every weekend and the quad dealers every now and then.

I think the riding area is pretty much covered seein as my uncle (1 hour away) owns land that has some trails on it, some family owns 100acres by the Tn river, i can always race every weekend at the drag races (about 35 minutes away), i can ride on my friends grandpa's land, and i can ride at a friends house where i hunt and they have crazy trails with sand and hill climbs and open fields and stuff (real close to the drag racing track). PLUS the best of all, we are probably moving out in the country by next year and were gonna get abunch of land. So ive got areas to ride.

The only thing im really worried about is i dont have anyone i can think of that owns a sport quad that could ride with me. I know ppl with utitlity quads but they dont live that close to me. My uncle has a rubicon though but im gonna try to pursuade my dad to get a quad for himself to ride with me.

I can ride about every weekend and i can putt around my backyard and around the house as long as i dont have a real loud pipe.

We can put a hitch on my moms car and then buy a cheap trailer out of the newspaper for transportation, plus everyone we know has a truck. And im gettin a truck when i can drive and ill just get some ramps and put it in the back so i wont need a trailer.

HEY 400exTn where did your friend buy his 400ex because Al's Cycle shop has them for 4999 also. Oh yah and dont goto Bobs honda, there 400ex is 5699 and they said its on sale for that price :eek: :eek:

tants
03-03-2003, 08:00 PM
i bought my first quad when i was only 13. i came out with $2,000 working over the entire summer, every single day to buy my warrior. and ever since ive paid for all my quads. im now 16 and have a 250r. (past quads: warrior, 300ex, quadracer, 250r)

take out a loan and may montly. i paid $170 a month for my 300ex

400exTN
03-03-2003, 08:04 PM
Like you said Bob's is terrible. Al's is where mine came from but my friend got his in Forest City, AR. My advise would be to save up more money and wait until you have your truck. I know this isn't what you want to hear but it's only my opinion. If you don't want to buy brand new you should check out the classifieds and cycle trader. Try not to put yourself in a bind where you can't do anything but pay for your quad.

Glow Plug
03-03-2003, 08:09 PM
that's very good of you to take the resonponsablity to buy the quad yourself, i am curently trying to hammer out a simmalar deal with my parents :p, because buy next year buy my brithday i will have 1500 dollars or close to it, i sell my bayou for 3000- 2000 and i have anywhere between a 4500 to 3500 dollar down payment, my mom said that they would mabye go half on the trade in price. so let's say i can get a new 400ex for 7500 (cdn). i have a 4000 dollar down payment, so my parents have to kick in roughly 4000- 3500 dollars (taxs sort of incluede). and i have resonly found a store about an hour away that stocks everything for ekla shocks to prm bumpers and such :D so i am hoping to have an ex for my birthdya next year when i am turning 15 :D :D

AndrewRRR
03-03-2003, 09:11 PM
Never mind the whole parents co-signing thing. They will have to be the ones who buy it whether the money comes from you or them. Remember, anything over 90cc can't be sold to someone under 16. :(
I've heard stories of dealers denying selling quads to parents that had their kid with them because it was obvious the quad was for the kid. If you buy used though, it's not a problem.