PDA

View Full Version : The first ride

luvmyex
03-03-2003, 01:51 AM
After it taking two weeks to rebuild my engine.I finally got to ride it good this weekend.The 3rd week.Me and a friend with a z400 went to a place he has talked about.The trails were really sweet!Nice hard packed sand trails with a little loose stuff here and there.Most trails were wide enough to ride side by side,but not real fast.We rode kinda easy for a while and after about 20 mins we stopped.I looked things over and all looked fine.No oil leaks,Or strange sounds.I let it cool down and we take off again.Well im riding at about 1/2 throttle trying to be easy on the new motor.Not winding out the gears but at the same time we are cruzing along at a good pace.Because of the great trails we were on.Even riding like that all day i could tell i had a new 4wheela!:eek2: There was one place where somebody made a double about 20' and a tabletop about 40'.The table had whoops in front of it and you couldnt get a real good run at it.I was hitting it in 3rd but i could just barley get into 3rd.I was about 1 1/2 bike lenghts short.Didnt try the double.We called it a day,After about 3 1/2 hrs.And were going to ride another place today.But desided to go back to the same place again.Because it was dry riding on sand.We've had alot of wet weather lately.Well today three more 400ex's came along.One 426,another that has always aou run me by a several lenghts,And another that was geared lower but stayed right with mine.We go back and play on the tabletop and i tried to get them to level it out a little but noone would help me.So i never got closer to clearing it.Still a fun 30+ ft jump.Then all of em were just looking at the double.So i(the oldest of the group at 40) went over and did a couple passes by it.You could jump off by the side of it but not as far or high.After two times doing that.I Go for it in 3rd about 1/4 throttle.I cleared the whole thing!Went back around and tried 2nd about 1/2 throttle,landed just righht.Then the Z does it and about nails the tree thats neat to the landing.He did get the hay bail.Nobody else even tries it.:ermm: Well when we were about to go.I had about 5-6 hrs of run time on the motor by now.And they were racing down a long stretch.I couldnt stand it any longer.I had to get some.Raced the one 400 that always beats me.Beat him up and back!Then one other 400 lines up with us.I win again!Here comes the Z400 and the 426.Were all lined up and i beat all of them from the take off to the end at 5th gear 1/2 throttle or better.I love the new 416! this thing is so much faster than before.And with the cam & piston it really pulls all the way tru the gear.And every gear.I could here them hit 5th well before i would.and id still be out front.Sorry for the long post just happy with it is all.

MSL
03-03-2003, 11:13 AM
Sounds like some fun riding

Glad you like the 416

speedy400
03-03-2003, 02:32 PM
thats a really long post haha, looks like you had some good fun:rolleyes: :eek2: