PDA

View Full Version : apex help!!

arrowone
02-23-2012, 03:03 PM
hello i am to new to apex quads other than being beat by them at the track!!! well i broke down and and got my son a apex after 3 etons and 8 years of racing for him . But this is my problem i have an apex 90 been worked on the motor is great and lots of power but he will be on the big tracks this year not the mini track so i was wondering what is the best set up as far as front and rear sprocket gearing for the big tracks it was run on the big track last year by the previous owner but said it need to change the it . You probable need more information like clutches and springs but all those were set up already for the big track just need the gearing

selbygirl
02-23-2012, 05:43 PM
has your boy ridden on a track yet . if it has good starting power and all around power he should be fine, i see a lot of peaple build fast bikes and half the kids dont even use all the power. i usaly run 19 front 29 0r 30 in back . that gives the chain good clearance from draging on the swing arm and from hitting the frame when he lands, plus we like lower gearing . for comming out of turns and recovering from a jump, and for some reason every time my son starts a moto they have to wet the track and make it sloppy

arrowone
02-23-2012, 05:54 PM
yes he has been racing since he was 3 on both dirt and ice and we have always run etons but on the only quads that have beat him are apex i was just tired of putting money into the etons and still being beat by apex but he has never run this quad yet was hoping to this weekend but as fate has it i plan something and we get a snow storm aint had snow all year here in michigan and now its coming

selbygirl
02-23-2012, 06:53 PM
thats funny snow . i t was 70 deg today and we live in delaware . are you raceing mx or flat track , if your running flat track i wuold gear higher . one tooth bigger up front is like 2 1/2 teeth in the rear,