PDA

View Full Version : hinson engraved clutch covers

Lquad71
02-23-2012, 12:47 PM
So ive seen the hinson covers everywhere but every once in a while ill see a hinson cover with a rider's sponsors as well as hinson on the clutch cover. I was wanting to find out where to go to get one of these custom covers. Do you call hinson and have them do it when you buy it or do you buy it how they sell it then take it somewhere else to be engraved? Thanks.

slightlybent47
02-23-2012, 07:45 PM
All the Henson clutch covers I’ve seen are way too expensive for me. After all it’s just a cover and has no value as far as going fast. Put your money in something that will actually make you faster.

eastside 400
02-23-2012, 07:49 PM
the honda covers hold more oil for the trans, so yes they do help... He wasnt asking your opinion on the cover either... Im not sure if hinson will do them for regular customers but if you can find a local machine shop with a CNC im sure they could do it for you

slightlybent47
02-23-2012, 08:00 PM
Let the bashing begin! lol

Anyone posting on this forum with 424 post under there belt, knows that someone will offer an opinion on what ever subject that was posted. Yes he can buy one if he wants to but perhaps he’s not aware that they offer no speed value and are very expensive. Holding a tad bit more oil dose nothing for speed.

89trx250r
02-23-2012, 08:08 PM
LOL obviously its not gonna add speed value...Idk if your trolling or what...As far as the engraved covers Im with eastside Idk if they would just do it for anyone but it doesnt hurt to call and ask.

Lquad71
02-23-2012, 08:10 PM
Haha. You guys are funny. :p

First of all any opinion is welcome although I appreciate the defense eastside. But yes I am aware that it holds just a tad more oil and it does absolutely nothing for speed. Just wanting to know if anybody knows where the custom engraved clutch covers are made. Are they laser etched perhaps?

Lquad71
02-23-2012, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by 89trx250r
LOL obviously its not gonna add speed value...Idk if your trolling or what...As far as the engraved covers Im with eastside Idk if they would just do it for anyone but it doesnt hurt to call and ask.

Thank You ill give them a try tomorrow!:)

slightlybent47
02-23-2012, 08:39 PM
I guess if by looking at a web site and posting a comment every now and then makes a troll, then we are all Trolls! lol
Since this is a place where thousands of folks (Troll) and there no way you can know everyone, or if there a very experienced rider or new to the sport, so there was no sarcasm mean in my reply.
Quit trying to pick apart every opinion or comment made and maybe this will be a better place.

dheemstra
02-23-2012, 09:36 PM
Im almost positive rath racing can do it for you.

patrickj75
02-24-2012, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by dheemstra
Im almost positive rath racing can do it for you.

Yes, Rath can do the engraving. Send them your cover or buy one thru them. 320-234-7223.

FHKracingZ
02-24-2012, 12:11 PM
Walsh Race Craft can also do it and bard is one of the best machinest I have met.