PDA

View Full Version : 05 wiring harness routing

xcracer416
02-22-2012, 09:32 PM
its been about a month and a half and not sure on the exact routing of the wiring harness around the steering stem area of the frame.

ive got it to where i think it is routed right but not 100%.

can anyone snap a few pics of how theirs is routed with the plastics off? maybe all the way to the back of the quad if possible.

i had my frame powdercoated. i have cleaned the powder coat off so my coil can get a good solid frame ground. is there anywhere else that needs the coating scrubbed off for a ground?

its a 2005 kicker

Balaz_73*00
02-23-2012, 08:54 AM
Theres no right or wrong way. I always put mine back together in what I think is a logical and cleanly routed way.

chronicsmoke
02-23-2012, 11:13 AM
x2..

If the wires are too tight, then its not ran right.. :cool:

DnB_racing
02-23-2012, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by xcracer416
its been about a month and a half and not sure on the exact routing of the wiring harness around the steering stem area of the frame.

ive got it to where i think it is routed right but not 100%.

can anyone snap a few pics of how theirs is routed with the plastics off? maybe all the way to the back of the quad if possible.

i had my frame powdercoated. i have cleaned the powder coat off so my coil can get a good solid frame ground. is there anywhere else that needs the coating scrubbed off for a ground?

its a 2005 kicker it wouldn't be a bad Idea to clean one of the motor mounts also, and coat the ground path bolts with a CONDUCTIVE anti corrosive (nolox) not (never seize),

and grease your pivot bolt with a NONCONDUCTIVE lube (dielectric)

by doing this you will ensure your ground path will remain were it belongs, thru the block to the frame on the bolts you cleaned

and keep the electric current from trying to use the pivot as a ground path...which could cause your pivot bolt to oxidize and seize, electricity follows the easiest path to ground, plan the path and use the most direct and cleanest route, and you will eliminate any chance of your connections oxidizing

oxidation is caused by a electrical chemical reaction ...eliminate the chance of stray electric current and you eliminate the oxidation

many people after powder coating there frame have stuck pivot bolt issues because of this reason

xcracer416
02-23-2012, 05:58 PM
i am going to use my gasket removal abrasive pads to shine the lower mounting tabs and the ones on the head. the coil mounting tabs are clean so i think i should be good