PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Transmission Input Shaft - DRR/Apex

JustinBoots
02-22-2012, 06:49 PM
Looking for a specific shaft that has a longer section of threads than most shafts I have seen. The shaft I am looking for is .38 in from the tip of shaft(side riding in CVT cover) to the first thread. Most seem to be .48 to the start of the threads which isn't enough thread for me to install my slipper clutch. If you are able to mic your shaft and confirm length, please let me know how much you want for it.

Logan #34's Dad
02-22-2012, 09:24 PM
Hey Justin, Now I understand what measurement you need. I've got a few of these so I'll check. How many teeth OR measure the width of the teeth (how fat).
UPDATE: all four of the ones i checked are the .048

JustinBoots
02-23-2012, 07:03 AM
Thanks for checking for me.

larrye
02-23-2012, 12:42 PM
Justin there is one on Ebay. See link below. Not sure of the dimensions but worth looking into. Price is 22.99 shipped. Hope that helps.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/APEX-ETON-MINI-QUAD-15-TOOTH-CLUTCH-SHAFT-USED-/280816797685?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item4161fc47f5

JustinBoots
02-24-2012, 05:41 AM
Thanks...I contacted him and a couple others with Polaris parts on eBay and they all are the .48 that I already have unfortunately.

larrye
02-26-2012, 02:01 PM
Justin, send me your email and I will send you a picture of two different shafts that I just found in the garage. One which is a tad longer has 15 teeth and the shorter one has 13 teeth.

djdfairchild
02-26-2012, 04:20 PM
are you using a mallossi overrange pulley? i have the same problem, but its the overrange pulley not the slipper clutch.

JustinBoots
02-26-2012, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by larrye
Justin, send me your email and I will send you a picture of two different shafts that I just found in the garage. One which is a tad longer has 15 teeth and the shorter one has 13 teeth.

Justin.Folkers@gmail.com Thanks...for some reason didn't get a notification that you replied.

JustinBoots
02-26-2012, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by djdfairchild
are you using a mallossi overrange pulley? i have the same problem, but its the overrange pulley not the slipper clutch.

No I'm using regular pulley with a Koso adjustable clutch...all came assembled from MaxRPM

guyer44x
02-27-2012, 08:29 AM
hey boots look at your threads in your nut, i used to have the same prob when i was in the c.v.t. world, (that felt good to say that), anyway, most nuts you buy the threads dont start untill a mm or so in the nut. i found some nuts at an ace hdwr near me that the threads start at the edge of the nut. if you cant get a nut like that then take one of your nuts and machine or grind down one side (very evenly) so that the threads inside the nut are reaching the outside edge of the nut. then make a couple more so you have spares at the track. later

JustinBoots
02-27-2012, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by guyer44x
hey boots look at your threads in your nut, i used to have the same prob when i was in the c.v.t. world, (that felt good to say that), anyway, most nuts you buy the threads dont start untill a mm or so in the nut. i found some nuts at an ace hdwr near me that the threads start at the edge of the nut. if you cant get a nut like that then take one of your nuts and machine or grind down one side (very evenly) so that the threads inside the nut are reaching the outside edge of the nut. then make a couple more so you have spares at the track. later

Good idea! That would work in a bind for sure, jsut wish i could figure out why some shafts have more threads than others. Larrye has one of the shafts I am looking for, but unfortunately it has some gear damage, but proves there are different shafts at least. :)

djdfairchild
02-27-2012, 09:32 AM
are you sure max rpm sent you the stuff, if theres 2 different shaft lengths then there might be 2 different slipper clutch set ups. my slipper clutch has 1/4" of thread sticking out after the plate and i have the short thread shaft.

JustinBoots
02-27-2012, 09:35 AM
Well everythign was sold to me as a unit, but the tranny input shaft was already on my bike. When I install it on one shaft there are plenty of threads sticking out while on the other bike there are no threads sticking out. I even thought maybe the bearing wasn't pressed on the shaft far enough making it too short, but that wasn't it because I ran that tranny all last year.

djdfairchild
02-27-2012, 09:39 AM
whats the difference in the bikes?

JustinBoots
02-27-2012, 11:18 AM
Nothing...same bike literally...I just have two motors for it....1 backup and one primary. I ended up taking the tranny cover with input shaft out of one motor and moved to the other so I could install the slipper clutch. Larrye sent me this picture which shows obviously there is a difference in shafts being installed in these bikes: http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j119/justinfolkers/2011%20Fast%20Folkers%20Racing%20Season/ClutchShaft2.jpg

Welcome to anyone's thoughts....

djdfairchild
02-27-2012, 12:56 PM
if you want an overrange pulley for that longer shaft, let me know thats got to be what this pulley i have is made for.

RichC
02-27-2012, 03:01 PM
I read that g-force has two shafts, probably the one your looking for. I would give them a call.

JustinBoots
02-28-2012, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by RichC
I read that g-force has two shafts, probably the one your looking for. I would give them a call.

Thanks...will check with Amie and Gary.