PDA

View Full Version : Well finally, after 15 months...

tri5ron
02-21-2012, 06:33 PM
... I got to go riding this past weekend for 4 days.
It was a fun "Daddy-Daughter" trip with a bunch of my camping buddies.
We had something like 24-25 RV's in our group. Rhino's, Commanders, Wild Cats, Turbo Subie powered buggies, a Class 1 V8 buggy, 2 dozen Quads, a dozen or so Bikes, and that's just what I remember.

Got to ride my old Fo'Hundy for the first time with my HC stage 1 cam, and HID headlight conversions.
I am very pleased with both of them, and they performed flawlessly.

The cam complimented the 450r carb, exhaust, timing key,& UNI nicely, and delivered a noticeable bottom end power gain, as well as a little in the mid range.
Nice torque improvement, no loss on the top end, and very smooth power delivery.

The HID's lit up the entire freakin' desert, and shined farther than I cared to even look !

We had alot of fun, rode hard, and had a GREAT time.

We did have one scare in camp, when one of the kids in our group (15 y.o.), took a really bad face-plant off his bike, and into some rocks.
Busted up his face a bit, tore up his shoulder some, bruised some ribs, started going into shock, and we had to send him out on a helicopter.

He is stabilized now, and will be ok.
He got real lucky, not to have more serious injuries.

It was just a little spooky there for a couple of hours, waiting for the Chopper to arrive, but all is well now.
Sure was nice to have an EMT, and a ER Nurse camping with us.

dxcody
02-21-2012, 09:14 PM
Nothing more relieving then riding after a LONG break..

Sucks to hear about the wreck, always puts a damper on things.

Glad to hear the lights worked for you, im going to have to put some on me and my friends quads for the 6 hour team race this year.. Half day half night and they dont have any lights at all on thiers.

Maybe some KC baja looking lights or something.

636chris
02-21-2012, 09:25 PM
im an emt too i sware thats why everyone invites me to go riding lol glad it turned out pretty good except that incident post pictures

ke26
02-22-2012, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by 636chris
im an emt too i sware thats why everyone invites me to go riding lol glad it turned out pretty good except that incident post pictures

Same here. Just because I am an EMT everyone thinks I am a doctor haha. i also work in the ER. I need to get me a little medic bag to take with me when I go out on riding trips.