PDA

View Full Version : 2005 trx-450r Tranny oil leaking into Engine oil

mkbruteforce
02-21-2012, 02:06 PM
Need some advise....Two years ago I had my enginge rebuilt. Big bore kit, cp piston, new crank and rod and new crank bearings seals the works. Just last week, I rode it for the first time after the 2011 race season. When I got home I noticed my engine oil was over full and a tranny oil was low. Called a shop today they said remove your motor and we can fix it for about $500.00. more than likely a seal.

1. What is the real problem?
2. Can it be fixed it with out removing the motor?

Race season is just arond the corner and I do not want to remove my motor if not needed.

Thanks

sameltoe
02-21-2012, 02:15 PM
Sounds like a crank seal...
Need to spli the cases...

Scro
02-21-2012, 06:11 PM
It's more than likely the crank seal, but you don't need to split the cases. All you will need the crank seal, and a right side crankcase cover gasket.

450R NOOB
02-22-2012, 11:21 AM
Haha, sounds like a $20 job to me. Like Scro said, its probably the crank seal on the clutch side which you'll only need to remove the clutch assembly to change. Had the problem twice and this solved it both times and its fine now. If you have a manual or just ask questions on here you can change it easily.

bobbo97f150
02-22-2012, 04:58 PM
I agree with the other two guys. Sounds like a crank seal. I've changed a couple of them. No need to split the cases or take the motor out.