PDA

View Full Version : "whats your bottom dollar?"

bbender85
02-21-2012, 10:22 AM
am i the only one that this statement drives me nuts?!! :rolleyes:

if you don't like my price i clearly posted.. make an offer!

beastlywarrior
02-21-2012, 10:50 AM
I hate that statement

Kickstarts-suck
02-21-2012, 11:38 AM
Lol I've been trying to sell my boat and I'm so tired of hearing that. :p

fastredrider44
02-21-2012, 12:05 PM
I really hate to hear that when I have something priced to sell and have my price listed as firm. And when I have something listed as OBO, then that means make an offer, not for me to tell you what I want. Obviously I want the price that's listed.

blacknblue#2
02-21-2012, 01:15 PM
I dont mind the statement whats your bottom dollar. Its the trade stuff that i hate. Ive been tryin to sell my 2011 rzr for 9 grand...i bet ive had 15 ppl ask me if i would take their 1990 jeep wrangler and 1000 boot

slightlybent47
02-21-2012, 01:24 PM
If my price is $100.00 and it’s listed as firm, that means I want $100.00.
If someone calls and offers me less money I counter with "I’ll take $200.00." That shuts them up real fast! lol

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
02-21-2012, 01:24 PM
I would much rather someone ask me "What's your bottom dollar?" than have them lowball me and do that stupid, "Well this is wrong which will cost me $300, then this will be $100 yada yada yada.". Yeah, I said all that needed fixed in the ad jackass, and I don't need you telling me the price of the most expensive one you found.

bbender85
02-21-2012, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
..And when I have something listed as OBO, then that means make an offer, not for me to tell you what I want. Obviously I want the price that's listed.

nailed it.

HondaRacing83
02-21-2012, 02:05 PM
love this. i do so much deal on craigslist its not even funny, hearing this a couple times a day drives me nuts. i say make an offer or pay the price i put in the ad. they go to low, i go up :)

beastlywarrior
02-21-2012, 03:22 PM
I hate how i have all info in the ad including tire size price and location and people still ask how much or what size are they or where are you at

Honda5
02-21-2012, 03:44 PM
I ask it it all th time it cuts out all the BS if it doesn't say firm just give me your best price so you don't have to feel like your in a flea market haggling over a few dollars.

Tommy Warren
02-21-2012, 03:57 PM
I hate when I say my bottom dollar is 1000 and then he says "okay I'll give you 900" :mad: like he won't be happy making the purchase unless he knows he screwed me over:grr:

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
02-21-2012, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Honda5
I ask it it all th time it cuts out all the BS if it doesn't say firm just give me your best price so you don't have to feel like your in a flea market haggling over a few dollars.

Exactly my thoughts as well. I'd rather not waste time trying to haggle in all honesty. When I was just searching for my truck I asked every person I called what their bottom dollar was. If it was too much I said k thanks bye, then moved to the next one. I don't know why people like to haggle so much. 95% of the time I list something I put it up for the least amount I will take because it sells quick. I'd rather not sit on something for 4 weeks trying to get a stupid price only to sell it for what someone offered me 3 weeks ago. Time is money.

Ruby Soho
02-21-2012, 06:32 PM
like said earlier, i hate when they ask all the questions that i answered in my ad. how could you look at an ad, that has plenty of information, go through it to find my number or email and then proceed to ask what you just read before you got to my contact information?

CJM
02-21-2012, 09:05 PM
I tell them "you see the price? Thats my bottom dollar. Dont like it, then leave me alone" works rather well might I add.

traitor08
02-21-2012, 09:40 PM
What it boils down too is one person thinking he has power over another. I'm better because I got it cheaper. They don't realize most account for this and added a couple hundred to compensate. Everybody wants to feel like they got a deal. Even if they get screwed, they think I got him to come down $this much so i am still good.

quad2xtreme
02-22-2012, 06:41 AM
Here's the final statement in my craigslist ad..."I've already listed this $300 below market to get one of the first two lookers to buy. Generally the first makes a lower offer so the 2nd person gets it at asking price...leaving the first person in misery because they could have had the great deal if they weren't penny wise and pound foolish. I will wait several weeks to make a decision on any offer under asking price even if you drove 3 states to make the offer in person. I will have a detailed conversation before you come out so you truly know what to expect. "

I still got offers via email and I just responded "thanks for the offer, I will let you know in two weeks".

BTW, I do have a friend that makes a living off ebay. I've parted out a quad and it is a real pain and expensive packaging parts and making trips to the post office. For example, I live 15 minutes from post office. If I have to ship 1 thing, it is 30 minutes out of my day plus generally takes me about 30 minutes to wrap a package. Sometimes the "low baller" is the guy trying to take it off your hands but still has to go through the effort to make his money off it. Sort of like every person walking into Pawn Stars expecting to get fair market value...Pawn Stars plans to sell at fair market value so they aren't going to give you fair market value. They have to get a discounted price so they can make money.

OldGuyonaQuad
02-22-2012, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Honda5
X2 but unlike the scenerio Tommy posted I typically buy it or pass I don't try to low ball that number but the problem is most people don't do business that way.

Kovatch
02-23-2012, 10:29 AM
One thing I have noticed is that in the States, we do not bargain all that much on prices. In Mexico, Spain, Italy, and many other countries, it is actually how they do business in many different industries/markets.

I absolutely hate the whole "bottom dollar statement." I have about 4-5 sets of stock take off parts from 08+ TRXs I want to list, but almost refuse b/c of the amount of time I waste with "what's your bottom dollar on the $10 part?" Agreeing with what was stated above, it takes some time to package, drive, and ship parts. That $10 part has $7 in shipping $2.00 in gas, and a box I already paid for. Any lower and I won't even make a dime. I don't make a living on selling parts, but have enough invested where I'd like a few pennies out of it.

If a guy has a brand new set of DWT beadlocks for $200, why are you haggling him for $180? It's already a steal, just pay it and go. I pay the asking price, unless it's a car or house. More $$$, more wiggle room. Maybe they feel good about haggling down the price and using that $10 on beer...?!

Honda5
02-23-2012, 07:54 PM
Just got this message from a eBay member a few minutes ago.

Dear davehonda5,

whats you bottom dollar? thanks Darren

- dran714
Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

Now thats funny!