PDA

View Full Version : A few suspention questions?

K-Dub
02-21-2012, 04:18 AM
Little back ground: Hadnt raced MX in over 10 years and started back last year. Had always raced a 250R and have owned an 04 450R since 04. So to go back racing I found my dream quad I had always wanted, some said it was to mint to race esp since they wasnt made anymore. It is an 03 Duncan Racing/Roll Design Lobo 265R.
http://jb.zippytech.com/~kevin/Roll%20Lobo/finished1.png

Well as my season went along I realized I was to old and out of shape to ride the Lobo and am not getting any younger. I ran lap times against my 450 and was faster for more laps on the 450, just didnt tire as fast. First 3 laps the Lobo was alot faster but after that I was shot and slowed way down. Decided the 4 stroke was faster for me. So here is my questions what a arms and swing arm is going to make a 450R (it will either be my 04 or an 08/09 with 04/05 spindles) handle the closet to my Lobo? I have noticed this one big thing sticks out between my stock framed 250R with LoboII a arms, my 450R, and the Lobo: the Lobo has no front wheel scrub pushing it by hand with the front wheels at full lock which is almost a 3rd farther then the SF250R or the 450R which both have front wheel scrub.

I see were Walsh gets high praise, have seen their products in person and look good. I also can not count out Roll Design as the Lobo is the nucking futs, but Roll Design doesnt make a swing arm/linkage that I have seen. Been reading where the JB super link is the about the top in swing arms/linkage right now. So I kinda got things narrowed down to either go Wlash Flow/Savior or RD LoboII/JB Super Link, both with Custom Axis shocks (these guys are awesome, I wiegh 330# and they bust butt to make sure my shocks work). My SF250R came with JB a arms they looked good but I placed a call to JB for more information on them and getting parts and didnt care for their costumer service esp vs Walsh and Roll. These 2 companys have been great on the info parts I have needed in the past. So I guess to boil it down what setup is going to compare to my Lobo the best? Thanks in advance.

3leggeddog
02-21-2012, 05:19 AM
K DUB, Being as your from Ohio, I think you should take a look at a new company called Six 5 Design. Located just outside of Cleveland.

While Walsh, Roll, and JB are all very good products, the Six 5 Design stuff is quickly making a name for it's self. It sounds like customer service is very important to you, and i'm the same way. Jake, owner and operator of Six 5, has been nothing short of amazing with late night phone calls, and personal time at the track helping all of his riders out. He even offered to meet me in Florida to do some testing! Now thats customer service.

I'm not saying that the other companies won't give you the attention you deserve as a paying customer. I just think that before you are done narrowing down your options, that Six 5 Design, and their X level suspension system should be in the mix.

The A arms are using the LTR spindle setup, instead of the Honda stuff.

Check em out on Facebook. Just search Six 5 Design

Or email me for more pics and info. brandonr@gerlinggroup.com

Thanks
B ROB

K-Dub
02-21-2012, 04:41 PM
Thank you, I will check into them. Look for an email.

Lquad71
02-22-2012, 12:43 PM
btw the ltr sprindles are much better than either of the spindles on a trx. (04-05 or 06+)