PDA

View Full Version : Village Creek Lonestar Series race.

MxDale71
03-03-2003, 12:33 AM
Today was Rnd 2 of the TLSS at Village Creek and it was MUUUUUDDY . The first moto they combined the Novice Int and Open (combined nov int and pro) classes and started us at the same time. There's 10 people at the gate... 4-novice, 3-Intermediate, and 3 in Open. The 2-strokes had he11 cause of the mud and I was already 5th gear pinned about 3/4 of the way down the start. I got 2nd in the holeshot right behind a CRF450 that a Pro guy was racing, and after a while that Pro guy smoked my ***** and I held on to 1st in my class and was 2nd to cross the finish line. In the second moto, the track was MUCH better. I was right next to that 450 in the holeshot but I knew he was much faster on the rest of the track so I backed off and let him get infront (since he wasn't in my class anyways) and I held onto 1st for half of the 1st lap but then I ran off of a corner and got passed. I kept up with the guy for about a lap and then he got caught up in some really loose wet dirt and stalled and by the time he could get it running again, I had already passed and left him behind. In the last lap I was so worn out that I just couldn't keep up the pace anymore and that guy on the orange R started gaining on me, but luckily I was far enough ahead of him that he couldn't catch me in time and I finished 1st again. Scott also raced today but he was having some holeshot problems, but he still went home with a trophy. If he sees this post he'll probably be able to explain what happened better. But I think his plug wires came loose or something.

FourFiftyFour
03-03-2003, 04:41 AM
was that pro guy on the 450 Craig Porter? He used to race a C-Dale, but just recently got a 450.. hes been havin probs with it... and hes not able to keep it on the track over the whoops.. hes still fast but outta control at times... tho of course hes still gettin used to it i guess

Razorback
03-03-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by 250xChick
was that pro guy on the 450 Craig Porter? He used to race a C-Dale, but just recently got a 450.. hes been havin probs with it... and hes not able to keep it on the track over the whoops.. hes still fast but outta control at times... tho of course hes still gettin used to it i guess

No, his name is Ken Parker from Florence, MS.

Razorback
03-03-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by MxDale71
Today was Rnd 2 of the TLSS at Village Creek and it was MUUUUUDDY . The first moto they combined the Novice Int and Open (combined nov int and pro) classes and started us at the same time. There's 10 people at the gate... 4-novice, 3-Intermediate, and 3 in Open. The 2-strokes had he11 cause of the mud and I was already 5th gear pinned about 3/4 of the way down the start. I got 2nd in the holeshot right behind a CRF450 that a Pro guy was racing, and after a while that Pro guy smoked my ***** and I held on to 1st in my class and was 2nd to cross the finish line. In the second moto, the track was MUCH better. I was right next to that 450 in the holeshot but I knew he was much faster on the rest of the track so I backed off and let him get infront (since he wasn't in my class anyways) and I held onto 1st for half of the 1st lap but then I ran off of a corner and got passed. I kept up with the guy for about a lap and then he got caught up in some really loose wet dirt and stalled and by the time he could get it running again, I had already passed and left him behind. In the last lap I was so worn out that I just couldn't keep up the pace anymore and that guy on the orange R started gaining on me, but luckily I was far enough ahead of him that he couldn't catch me in time and I finished 1st again. Scott also raced today but he was having some holeshot problems, but he still went home with a trophy. If he sees this post he'll probably be able to explain what happened better. But I think his plug wires came loose or something.

You had a great day. Very good job! Probably got a good night's sleep.

Well, my first moto, I slipped into neutral off the gate, so I got about 20 yards behind before I knew it. I caught up with the group at the corner of the holeshot, then passed about 4 people. All was fine, then a lap later, one of the riders got stuck in a really bad mud spot, and as I tried to go around him, I clipped his front tire and it spun my around, then I got stuck. Of course, everyone I had passed went right by me :mad:

Then, in the second moto, I was at the gate, then all the sudden my quad just died, like it was out of gas. I couldn't get it started initially, so they dropped the gate anyway. I worked around with the spark plug, wires, fuel line, and eventually got it started, and was able to complete two laps :ermm:

I was able to get second place! but there was only three riders in my class. Nobody else has to know though, because it just says 2nd place on the trophy :macho

That was the muddiest race I've ever been too. They shouldn't have had the race. Even the parking lot was horrible. Took me $11 to wash my truck and trailer last night. That's a lot of quarters ;)