PDA

View Full Version : New Maier Fighting Red Plastic

BCTRX
02-20-2012, 11:18 PM
For anyone who may be interested. After stumbling around for a couple years trying to buy nice red plastic for my Rs and not being able to afford what OEM is selling for, I have been in contact with Zachary from ZM Performance, 1 800 967 8801 http://zmperformance.com about getting Maier to offer the "Fighting Red" TRX250R Plastic once again. They have agreed to make some available again but who knows for how long so if you are interested I would ask that you contact Zach fairly soon. I have placed my order with him ( 3 sets-Front Full Fenders, Rear Fender, Tank Cover and 88 Style Hood) and am not sure if you will be able to get "Fighting Red" from Maier direct or any other dealer. It may be an exclusive ZM deal but I am not sure. $549 ea set and a great guy to deal with!

Brad

Number22
02-21-2012, 01:31 PM
Has the "fit and finish" of the maier plastics changed any over the years? I had a set for a LT250R many years ago and I was not impressed.

beastlywarrior
02-21-2012, 04:04 PM
I know the maier plastic ive seen lately looks really good

DoonRider
02-21-2012, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by beastlywarrior
I know the maier plastic ive seen lately looks really good
That's what I was thinking too. I think it has been improved. About the time they went to the shiny finish?

312R1
02-21-2012, 05:42 PM
I have a set of silver/gray and there really shiny..not like the old stuff which was junk IMO

Higgy87TRX425
02-21-2012, 08:10 PM
I recently purchased a complete set of Maier RED front and rear plastic that had slight defects in the plastic, barely noticeable AT ALL!! I was stoked on the price, which was much cheaper due to the defects! I know that some of the plastics that they sell are factory blemishes. I'm sure that they sell other sets that are in perfect condition too. And if ur in the Pacific northwest ie Portland, or the surrounding area you can pick them up in person, so you wouldn't have to pay the shipping costs. I was very happy with my set and would recommend them to you guys.
Thanks Higgy!

esstrx250r
02-22-2012, 01:58 PM
Here are my Maier Plastics, I was really impressed not **** like they were in the past.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c28/esseclipse/DSC00379.jpg

k10seibel
02-22-2012, 07:05 PM
Is the current Maier "red" a bit darker than the mentioned "fighting red" offered in the past?? I have purchased ATC 250R Maier fenders from ZM Performance, but all were a bit darker than stock OE Honda. I'm guessing this is what everyone is after with the "fighting red" color suggestion. I'm interested in a new set of Maier red TRX fenders, but don't need them asap. If a special order is made and needs a minimum order count, I could be persuaded to order for the correct red color.....
I don't want to waist ZM performance's time, so please keep us posted. Thanks!

BCTRX
02-22-2012, 08:58 PM
Yes this will be a one off deal I think. Zach said it could be up to 8 week wait on this order. "Fighting Red" is the near perfect OEM match. I ordered a "red" set before from ZM and sent it all back as it was way to dark. I bought the last "Fighting Red Tanks" covers ZM had and they were near perfect match to new OEM Fenders.
I believe atvfan 28's pic is showing Maier "Red".
Andy, not sure if you have ever checked but Maier's website has a color chart showing all different colors offered. http://www.maier-mfg.com/color-chart

k10seibel
02-24-2012, 08:56 PM
Ok,thanks.
Those Maier web color examples are as much of a gamble as ordering powder from the examples seen on some powder coating (suppliers) websites. Hard to tell really.....
Is it a for sure thing through Zack or will he only order if he gets enough phone inquiries? Maybe I'll give a call. Thanks again!
-Andy

BCTRX
02-24-2012, 09:32 PM
They are making my 3 sets anyway. I was just putting it out there if anyone else was interested.

esstrx250r
02-26-2012, 07:18 AM
Does anyone have pics of the Maier fighting red on their quad?

250Renvy
02-26-2012, 12:00 PM
FWIW, I had a set of Maier fighting red and it IS a near identical match to the 88 OEM fenders color.

redred55
03-24-2012, 08:40 AM
Looks like ZM Performance has these listed on eBay now for those that want a set.

Higgy87TRX425
03-24-2012, 11:21 AM
Yeah, I bought my set though Zm Performance on FleaBay. I even spoke with them because I was thinking about driving out to pick the set, but his shipping price was so cheap that I just ened up having them shiphed to me. They're honest about any blemishes that the plastics may have and they have some great prices!!! I'd buy from them again!
Thanks Higgy!

k10seibel
03-24-2012, 11:47 AM
I just bought a set too off ebay. Thanks for posting. Now I can ride the '88 garage queen without guilt.
Thanks again!
-Andy

k10seibel
03-24-2012, 12:15 PM
WOW..
Just checked back on ebay, all gone. Almost was going to order the last set. Guess I'll go with white for the second set. Hope to call and save on combined shipping.
Bet he special orders more of the "Fighting Red" from Maier...??

Number22
03-24-2012, 01:04 PM
Dang, sold out by the time I got there. Looked nice too, hope they make more!

croat1
03-24-2012, 02:37 PM
no worries guys....they are going to make a second run. i talked to them this past thursday.