PDA

View Full Version : Need Help, Rocker Arm!!!

Foxhound013
02-20-2012, 08:04 PM
So the oil fairies paid my bike a visit, still can't figure out what happened for the life of me. Anyways my cam is shot and the rocker arm on top, the roller is siezed, everything else is fine. I really need to know if anyone has a used rocker arm they'll let go cheap. I don't have much money and I've got about 11 days till the first race. Anyone who can help me out its apreciated. Also what is the compression supposed to be on the 2005 450r.

eastside 400
02-20-2012, 08:12 PM
i would pull off the ignition cover if you havent already and check to make sure the oil pump gear isnt broken. Take the gear off and make sure the oil pump spins. Why do you say the cam is "shot"? is it all exhaust lobe damage or is there more? the compression with the decompressor mechanism attached and with the correct clearance should be around 100-110

Foxhound013
02-20-2012, 08:27 PM
I don't think its the oil pump but i'll check, The reason i don't think its the pump is because i went to change it and there was none, whatsoever, I knew there was enough in there the week before. The cam is kinda wore down on the edges. I may be able to polish it up and get it to work but I definitely have to get another rocker arm because the roller is seized up. I ran a compression test and got 75ish psi. I figured it was low but the thing that dosn't make sense is my bike would start up no problem. You'd think if there was a compression problem or the valves were too tight or loose it wouldn't start up very well.

OTMTRX
02-20-2012, 10:14 PM
I ran my 06 kicker conversion at 65psi for about a year with no starting problems.. info only..they will start fine that low.

rageatvlawson8
02-21-2012, 07:11 AM
Did you just say you checked the oil and there was none?? Thats your problem. lol Just messing but seriously if the roller seized its from lack of oil. I would pull head and cylinder and check to make sure the piston didnt seize as well.

Foxhound013
02-21-2012, 05:29 PM
We've pulled it all already, the pistons perfectly fine, so i got lucky and just need to fix the rocker and cam. Really needing to find a used rocker cheap though

Foxhound013
02-21-2012, 06:42 PM
I found a whole crf cam and tower assembly rocker arm and all for 140 on ebay. My question now is will all of this work? It looked just like mine and I remember reading the 2002 crf cam is good for either the 04 05 or the 06 and up. I'm thinking i read it does more for the 04 05. Need to know on this Thanks for anything you guys know

d3ktrix
02-21-2012, 11:41 PM
The reason your getting low readings on the compression test readings is because of the auto decompressor.

If you ever want check the rings/valves do a leak down test.

mx Eli
02-22-2012, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Foxhound013
I found a whole crf cam and tower assembly rocker arm and all for 140 on ebay. My question now is will all of this work? It looked just like mine and I remember reading the 2002 crf cam is good for either the 04 05 or the 06 and up. I'm thinking i read it does more for the 04 05. Need to know on this Thanks for anything you guys know

crf cam holder and cam will work perfect, i have a crf holder in mine

Foxhound013
02-22-2012, 08:51 PM
Sweet, Mx Eli Thats exactly what I wanted to hear. I'm gonna throw new rings and gasket on it as soon as I can get the money. I should make it to the 1st race. Can't wait for another season of maxc. Mw Eli what do you think of the 02 cam?

mx Eli
02-23-2012, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Foxhound013
Sweet, Mx Eli Thats exactly what I wanted to hear. I'm gonna throw new rings and gasket on it as soon as I can get the money. I should make it to the 1st race. Can't wait for another season of maxc. Mw Eli what do you think of the 02 cam?

02 crf is a very good al around cam, i heard its similar to the 04-05 hrc but with alil more top end, if your getting the holder,cam, and rocker for 140 thats a decent price and i wouldnt be affraid to pay that, hope that helps

Foxhound013
02-23-2012, 05:52 PM
Yeah I've read alot of people saying its a good all around cam, simmiliar to a stg 2 but with a little less top